(PRWEB) June 23, 2011
Oxborough Farms Limited, based at Church Farm, Oxborough, south west of Swaffham, is a 910 acre arable farming business that produces a range of crops including; milling wheat, malting barley, sugar beet and oil seed rape. The farm has been managed by Ian Monson for the last 30 years. His son also works on the farm and they employ one farm-worker.
Ian Monson’s vision is to create two recreational fishing lakes as part of a farm diversification project on a two hectare site which is next to the River Gadder, at Church Farm in Oxborough village. The lakes will be situated on land owned by Oxborough Farms Limited close to the nearby Oxborough Hall and adjacent to a picturesque location of an established wooded wetland area.
The two recreational lakes will be stocked with a range of course fish including Roach and Perch at a density of 400 – 500lbs / acre of water for the ordinary lake. The competition lake will be stocked at a density of around 700 – 800 lbs / acre of water.
The larger of the two lakes will provide 15 fishing pegs for catch and release fishing with the second lake constructed for match fishing and providing 16 pegs. Landscaping and parking will also be created for the site with disabled access.
Work on the site commenced in April 2011 and is expected to be completed from late summer of 2011, allowing time for vegetation growth and fish stocks to mature. The project will also create two part-time jobs.
It is envisaged that the project will provide wider economic benefits to local attractions such as Oxborough Hall, Iceni Village at Cockley Cley, Goodestone Water Gardens and the nearby town of Swaffham which includes a long established fishing tackle shop.
Oxborough Farms Limited has also received a grant from EEDA for the project.
Ian Monsoon, Managing Director said: “This is an exciting project which has taken seven years of planning. I am delighted we are now at the construction stage and look forward to completion later this year. I am certain it will enhance and encourage local tourism and enrich the diversity of the natural environment. Without the financial help we have received from Barclays and the Rural Development Programme for England, this project would not have been going ahead.”
Gerald Day, Barclays Agricultural Manager based in Wymondham, Norfolk said: “Diversification projects can often be a vital part of modern day farming. As a Barclays Agricultural Manager, I understand their importance and it has been a pleasure to help my customer with funding for this project which has turned a dream into a reality.”
Notes to Editors:
For further information contact:
Barclays Business is the business banking arm of Barclays. It has over 700,000 customers with a turnover up to £5m that are a mixture of start ups, sole traders, partnerships and limited companies. We supported a record number of business start ups – over 100,000 new businesses in 2010.
Barclays services to SMEs include:
- A choice of business accounts that they can tailor to their needs and the provision of up to two years free banking to start-ups, subject to remaining in credit.
- Day-to-day banking business support through a team of Business Managers who are available over the telephone for everyday and urgent banking needs.
- Free consultations for businesses with a local accountant, marketing expert and solicitor to advise on topics such as the best legal status, how to advertise or draft supply contracts.
- A free nationwide business seminar and workshop programme. This is designed to help business owners network and gain practical help on relevant challenges such as marketing, trading online or how to generate more business profits. We expect around 12,000 delegates to attend our business seminars this year.
- Business management software that helps business customers complete their account work quickly and efficiently; support their hiring efforts; help back up their business data securely; and avoid late payment and bad debts.
Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in retail banking (student accounts and savings accounts), credit cards, corporate banking, investment banking, wealth management and investment management services, with an extensive international presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs over 140,000 people. Barclays moves, invests and protects money and provides personal loans, mortgages, ISAs, life insurance, business loans and other services for over 49 million customers and clients worldwide. For further information about Barclays or to open a bank account online, please visit our website http://www.barclays.co.uk.