The snore absorption room uses proven technology to help reduce the dreaded, repetitive nasal noise.
(PRWEB UK) 28 June 2011
Snoring sufferers can finally sleep easy thanks to the first ever snore absorption room that's helping the sleep deprived tune out and nod off from their noisy partners. The new room, which is being trialled by Crowne Plaza is a result of research revealing more than half of UK couples are losing between one and five hours sleep a night due to the snoring and snuffling of their partners. That's up to a decade of lost sleep over a lifetime.
And the snore absorption room is not only set to cure sleepless nights, but potentially marriages as well. The research reveals three in ten couples have come close to splitting up because snoring is coming between them. Plus, as 50% of UK couples complain their partner's snoring can ruin their holiday, a snore absorption room is also being trialled in nine Crowne Plaza hotels across Europe and the Middle East.
In the UK, the snore absorption room is being trialled at Crowne Plaza London The City for one week from 27 June - 1 July. The room uses proven technology to help reduce the dreaded, repetitive nasal noise. The technology includes:
- Sound proofing on walls to absorb the loud frequencies, deflect the sound waves and minimise the impact of snoring. The walls use egg box style foam which reduces the noise reverberating in the room
- A specially designed sound absorbing head board that will work together with the sound proof walling to muffle the echo within the room
- An anti-snoring bed wedge which acts as a body pillow, encouraging snoring guests to sleep on their sides or upright. Lying flat on your back makes the base of the tongue and soft palate collapse to the back wall of the throat which causes snoring
- An anti-snoring pillow which uses rare neodymium magnets to create a natural magnetic field, opening the airways and stiffening the upper palate which vibrates during snoring
- A white noise machine which is proven to help drown out the droning snoring noise and help sleep and relaxation
Tom Rowntree, spokesperson for Crowne Plaza said: “We’ve all been there. Lying wide awake at three o’clock in the morning burying our head under a pillow to drown out our partner’s snoring. There’s nothing worse than being kept up all night and that’s why we’ve designed this specific snore absorption room to help give our guests a great night’s sleep’.
Dr Chris Idzikowski, sleep expert, added: “Snoring is a common problem and whilst it’s thought of as a male problem, women can suffer from it as well. Snoring is made by vibrations of the soft palate and tissue in the mouth, nose and throat. Whilst there is no cure for snoring, Crowne Plaza is trying to reduce the impact of snoring by trialing a snore absorption room.”
The snore absorption room is on trial from 27 June – 1 July at Crowne Plaza London The City. To book, please call 0871-942 9190.
Notes to Editors:
- Figure in first paragraph based on average life span of 80 years, and average married age of 30 years – ONS 2010, plus eight years average sleep a night
- Snore Absorption room is being trialled 27 June 2011 – 1 July 2011
- Terms and conditions apply
- To book, please contact Crowne Plaza London The City on 0871 423 4876
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global company operating seven well-known hotel brands including InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites . IHG also manages Priority Club Rewards, the world’s first and largest hotel loyalty programme with 58 million members worldwide. IHG is the world’s largest hotel group by number of rooms and IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns, through various subsidiaries, a portfolio of over 4,400 hotels and more than 652,000 guest rooms in 100 countries and territories around the world. IHG has more than 1,200 hotels in its development pipeline and expects to recruit around 160,000 people worldwide over the next few years. InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales.
IHG offers information and online reservations for all its hotel brands at http://www.ihg.com and information for the Priority Club Rewards programme at http://www.priorityclub.com. For our latest news visit http://www.ihg.com/media, http://www.twitter.com/ihgplc or http://www.youtube.com/ihgplc
# # #