The JST is offering a new opportunity for travellers resident on the east coast to bring a buddy along with them for free to enjoy the adventure of a lifetime on a voyage on board this tall ship.
(PRWEB UK) 27 June 2011
This summer, from August to September the Jubilee Sailing Trust’s (JST) tall ship Lord Nelson will be sailing down the east coast of England. The JST is offering a new opportunity for travellers resident on the east coast to bring a buddy along with them for free to enjoy the adventure of a lifetime on a voyage on board this tall ship. This offer applies to voyages between Hartlepool and Whitby (15-19 August); Whitby and Hull (22-26 August); Hull and Ipswich (27 August -2 September); Ipswich to Great Yarmouth (3-9 September) and Great Yarmouth to London (11-20 September).
The JST owns and operates the majestic tall ships, Lord Nelson and Tenacious, specially designed and built to enable able-bodied and disabled people to sail side by side as equals, learning new skills, forging great friendships and meeting new challenges. Facilities on board the ships include flat, wide decks for ease of movement around the ships, wheelchair lifts between deck levels, a hearing loop, a speaking compass and the option for joystick steering or the usual ship’s wheel, but with hydraulic power-assisted steering.
To take up this great offer call voyages at the JST on 023 8044 9138, quoting 241NE. Full details of all JST voyages are available on the website at: http://www.jst.org.uk.
Notes to Editors:
- For more information, photographs, testimonials and stories please contact the JST Press Office on 023 8044 9108 or email: pressoffice(at)jst(dot)org(dot)uk.
- Jubilee Sailing Trust owns two tall ships called Lord Nelson and Tenacious. Both have been designed and built specially with the purpose of enabling people of all abilities.
- Jubilee Sailing Trust (JST) was established in 1978 and operates under the patronage of HRH The Duke of York. The aim of the charity is to promote integration between able bodied and physically disabled men and women through the adventure of tall ship sailing.
- JST has been in operation for nearly 30 years and in that time has taken 36,000 people to sea including 14,000 people with physical disabilities and 5,000 wheelchair users. LORD NELSON and TENACIOUS have many special facilities that enable disabled crew members to take an active part in the running of the ship. Facilities on board include wide decks for wheelchair users, a speaking compass to enable blind people to helm the ship, power assisted hydraulic steering for those with limited strength and much more.
- Everyone on board the ship has a vital role to play irrespective of ability, disability, age or gender. The success of each voyage depends on teamwork and working with individuals’ strengths, not weaknesses. For many people sailing with the JST has been a life changing experience, for others simply a fantastic adventure holiday.
- JST website can be found at http://www.jst.org.uk. Keep updated with life onboard with our daily web reports, emailed everyday from LORD NELSON and TENACIOUS.
- The Jubilee Sailing Trust is part of Holidays For All - a group of the UK’s leading disability charities and specialist tour companies working together to promote equality, accessible holidays and flexibility for disabled and visually impaired holiday makers.