Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 29, 2011
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Report on Patient Privacy and Report on Medicare Compliance, is pleased to announce its July 7 Webinar, Accounting for HIPAA Disclosures in EHRs: How to Comply with Onerous New HHS Rules. See webinar details at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1x25_070711.
On May 31, HHS’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR) released its long-awaited proposed rule on the HITECH Act’s expansion of the HIPAA disclosure accounting requirements for covered entities (CEs) to include disclosures of patient protected health information (PHI) stored in electronic health records (EHRs). Once OCR finalizes this expansion of the HIPAA privacy rule requirements, compliance deadlines for covered entities will vary based on when an organization implemented its EHR.
Speakers Chris Apgar, CISSP, President of Apgar & Associates, LLC and Judi Hofman, CAP, CHP, CHSS, Privacy and Information Security officer for St Charles Health System will summarize the new requirements and offer strategies for effective ways to comply. During the 60-minute presentation and 30 minutes of Q&A, the speakers will answer these and other timely questions:
- Which of these new requirements deserve your immediate attention?
- When do which covered entities need to comply?
- Which “disclosures” need to be tracked? Which don’t?
- What are the major pitfalls you need to avoid?
- What questions should you now be asking your IT staff and EHR vendors?
- What electronic PHI do you store outside your EHR?
- What compliance strategies are likely to be most effective?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1x25_070711 for more information.
# # #