Princeton, NJ (PRWEB) June 30, 2011
Springpoint Senior Living broke ground June 14 on a six-story, 60-unit addition to The Atrium at Navesink Harbor, a luxury senior community in Red Bank, NJ. The expansion will allow Springpoint to offer high-quality housing to an even greater number of seniors in New Jersey and beyond.
The 95,885 square-foot addition will create an additional 35 one-bedroom and 25 two-bedroom apartments. Construction on the $35mm project is expected to take 18 months. Barring any delays, Springpoint plans to begin welcoming residents to the building in December 2012.
“We’re excited to expand our presence here in Red Bank as well as realize the full potential of our beautiful location on the Navesink River,” said Gary T. Puma, President and Chief Executive Officer of Springpoint Senior Living. “The Atrium at Navesink Harbor will stand as a flagship community for Springpoint.”
Because of the still-challenging economy, Springpoint took a conservative approach to ensure the new building’s success. Springpoint not only conducted extensive market research to make sure the project was viable and attractive to seniors, but more importantly, the senior living company secured nearly 100% in presales before initiating construction.
Springpoint Senior Living, based in Princeton, is New Jersey’s leading provider of not-for-profit senior housing and services. The Springpoint continuum includes continuing care retirement, assisted living and affordable housing communities. For more information, please visit http://www.springpointsl.org.
- The Atrium is affiliated with Princeton-based Springpoint Senior Living, New Jersey’s leading provider of not-for-profit senior housing and care
- New construction will consist of 60 one-bedroom, two-bedroom and two-bedroom plus den units, for a total of six stories and 95,885 square feet
- The community is located on 2.77 acres overlooking the Navesink River in Red Bank, NJ
- Apartments feature plentiful closet space, large bathrooms and modern conveniences
- Kitchens are fully equipped with high-quality stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and other luxury features
- Community amenities include library, billiards room, computer room, card rooms, entertainment and educational programs, putting green, indoor and outdoor sitting areas, a large landscaped patio overlooking the Navesink River and river cruises on the Rover III pontoon boat
- The Atrium is a continuing care retirement community with independent living, memory care and long term care.
- Valet parking
Architectural firm: RMJM Hillier, Princeton NJ. An international firm of architects, RMJM Hillier is one of the world’s largest and most acclaimed architectural practices.
Construction management: C&C Construction Mgmt, Inc., Philadelphia, PA.
Developer: Princeton Senior Living, Princeton & Red Bank, NJ. Princeton Senior Living is a subsidiary of Springpoint Senior Living and offers consulting and development services to senior care providers throughout the Northeast.