"Given the rousing success of last year’s finalists and winners, we are confident that this may well be the year that we reveal the next Skype," said Farley Duvall, CEO and founder of White Bull Summits.
Barcelona, Spain (PRWEB) June 30, 2011
White Bull Summits (http://www.whitebull.com), ‘Champions of the European Innovation Ecosystem’, today announced its official call for the 2011 Bully Awards (http://www.whitebull.com/award/bully-awards), honouring Europe’s leading privately held technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) companies. White Bull Summits is a unique and timely conference series that brings together the European technology and investor community to create an ecosystem for business excellence and innovation. Submissions for the 2011 Bully Awards are now open, and nominations will be accepted through July 31, 2011.
The 2nd Annual White Bull Summits, Pathways to Exit 2011, will be held October 3 – 5, 2011 in Barcelona, and will act as a focal point where investors and companies at all stages of growth will meet to explore exit phase strategies. The program and networking platform at White Bull Summit 2011 will give attendees an insight into innovative trends in the European telecommunications, media and technology (TMT) sector, as well as valuable knowledge on business and financial strategies at this crucial phase of a company’s life.
The 2011 Bully Awards will honour 30 TMT firms as winners in three categories:
- Yearlings: firms that seek or have received angel/seed rounds or equivalent; classic startups
- Young Bulls: firms that seek or have received Series A financing; early stage companies
- Longhorns: post Series A firms; growth stage companies
White Bull Summits will shortlist 60 companies as finalists, and these finalists will receive a special invitation to present at its 2nd Annual Pathways to Exit conference October 3 – 5, 2011 in Barcelona, where they will have the opportunity to present to potential partners and deal makers who can help them reach their goals.
The Bully Award applicants will be carefully reviewed and selected by White Bull's panel of industry experts based on the following criteria:
- Market Opportunity: How large is the opportunity? Is the 'problem' compelling enough to build a substantial business?
- Competitive Landscape: Does the business have key sustainable competitive advantages over the existing and future competition?
- Business Models and Revenues: Does the business model, existing revenues and growth forecasts present a compelling story?
- Execution: Strength of milestones reached, customer base and progress?
- Management Team: Is the existing management team and structure in place sufficient to drive the company forward?
- Sector Activity: How competitive is the sector, and what is the strength of the exit market in the industry?
"We are enthusiastic to open submissions for the 2nd Annual Bully Awards,” said Farley Duvall, CEO and founder of White Bull Summits. “Given last year’s rousing success that included a number of Bully Award winners and finalists going on to successful fundraising, exits, and acquisitions, we are confident that this may well be the year that we reveal the next Skype.”
The 2011 Bully Award winners will be announced and celebrated at the 2011 Bully Awards ceremony on the evening of October 5th at the close of the White Bull Summit, Pathways to Exit, a three-day, invitation-only, conference forum for entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, and visionaries in the TMT and clean tech sectors. Learn more about White Bull Summits or request an invitation to attend at http://www.whitebull.com/event/white-bull-2011-pathways-exit.
About White Bull Summits
White Bull Summits celebrates and champions the European innovation ecosystem. White Bull’s aim is not simply to produce events; White Bull is here to help companies succeed. Built upon the extensive knowledge and network of its founders and advisers, and in the spirit of the “wily beast” that lives inside all successful businesses, White Bull offers a community that brings together the best and the brightest – Europe’s top technology and media leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, and visionaries. White Bull will respond to the needs and wants of the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) sector, while providing a forum for ongoing discussion. For more information, please visit White Bull at http://www.whitebull.com, on Facebook or follow White Bull on Twitter @whitebullsummit.