When we looked at the total package -- cost, support, and security -- Moodlerooms came out on top. It made sense for those reasons and many more.
Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) June 29, 2011
Moodlerooms, Inc., Moodle partner and provider of proven e-Learning solutions, is pleased to announce that Houston Public Schools in Minnesota has realized the benefits of Moodlerooms’ fully-supported open-source Moodle platform. In 2008, after piloting a series of Moodle instances on district servers to evaluate the open source system’s capabilities, stability, and maintenance requirements, the district discovered that a fully-supported, enterprise solution from a trusted provider would better serve its future initiatives for e-Learning. In choosing Moodlerooms to deliver this solution, Houston Public Schools has leveraged a sustainable, managed platform for building a collaborative and engaging learning community that enables teacher innovation and cultivates student achievement.
"When we looked at the total package -- cost, support, and security -- Moodlerooms came out on top. It made sense for those reasons and many more.” says Scott Gottfried, Houston Public Schools’ Information Technology Director. “Our current deployment looks different than when we started in terms of size and classroom integration. We knew the utilization would grow over time. We chose Moodlerooms based its capability to handle where we’re going. We had the flexibility to do more, offer different courses, and use new features. We knew Moodlerooms would be there every step of the way to help us do that.”
Today, with just over 2,400 students currently enrolled across the district, the district’s Moodle sites provide access to 2,140 total users (inclusive of students, teachers, administrators and parents).
- Houston Elementary School (HES): Teachers maintain Moodle sites for their homerooms and a course site for each subject they teach. Parents can also login and review activities.
- Houston High School (HHS): Awarded a silver medal in 2008 by U.S. News and World Report in their annual study entitled “America’s Best High Schools,” HHS uses Moodle to enhance instruction in most classrooms through online assignments and collaborative activities.
- Minnesota Virtual Academy (MNVA): At MNVA, teachers use Moodle as a homeroom to create a sense of community for students statewide.
- District Moodle: An intranet to store policies and to enable faculty to complete required trainings.
- Tech Moodle: A tech support hub for staff to post and receive responses to IT support requests.
- Community Education: A site offering continuing education classes to the Houston community
About Houston Public Schools
Houston Public Schools, ISD 294, is a public school district that serves students locally in southeastern Minnesota and throughout the state of Minnesota. Houston Elementary School and Houston High School serve students locally. Based locally, the Summit Learning Center serves students in Houston and in neighboring communities while the Minnesota Virtual Academy (MNVA), and the Minnesota Center of Online Learning (MCoOL) serve students throughout the state.
Moodlerooms provides educators and learners across the globe with adaptable, reliable and affordable e-learning. With turnkey software-as-a-service solutions for Moodle, Moodlerooms’ customers receive the benefits of the most widely-used learning management system in the world with the comfort and assurance that come from enterprise-level enhancements, services, and value-added support. With an unwavering commitment to creating a more effective and engaging education community, Moodlerooms is the CHANGE you want e-learning to be.