“We have a remarkable group of innovative and dedicated public relations professionals who contribute greatly to our agency, our industry and our community,” noted Scott Brown, president and chief creative officer of FKM.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) June 29, 2011
FKM, one of the Southwest’s largest independent advertising, marketing and public relations agencies, was once again honored at the 2011 Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Houston Excalibur Awards Gala for their impressive accomplishments in the industry, receiving 18 awards total – more awards than any other organization – including the prestigious honor of PR Agency of the Year. Advancing as the winner of Large Agency of the Year, FKM was chosen as the top overall agency from four special award categories – New Agency of the Year, Small Agency of the Year, Mid-Size Agency of the Year and Large Agency of the Year – and bested the competition based on the agency’s PR innovation, financial growth, client list growth and client retention.
Held June 23 at the InterContinental Hotel Houston, the Excalibur Awards for Excellence Program is an annual competition that honors outstanding professional accomplishments in the development and execution of comprehensive public relations programs, individual communications tactics and recognizes outstanding individual and team achievements.
“We have a remarkable group of innovative and dedicated public relations professionals who contribute greatly to our agency, our industry and our community,” noted Scott Brown, president and chief creative officer of FKM. “We couldn’t be more proud of all the accolades awarded to our agency at the Excalibur Awards. The honors are truly deserved and illustrate the impressive work they do day in and day out for our clients and the agency as a whole.”
In the individual special awards categories, Laureen Lucas, brand development manager at FKM, received Honorable Mention for the Young PR Professional of the Year category, an award that was created to specifically recognize Lucas’ accomplishments. The Young Public Relations Professional of the Year Award recognizes a relative newcomer to public relations for demonstrating exceptional leadership and professional achievements during his or her initial years in the profession. Recipients were recognized for emerging leadership, outstanding achievements in public relations, a solid understanding of PR strategy and tactics, and specific contributions to the community, the PR profession, his or her employer and clients.
For the second year in a row, FKM PR was one of four contenders for the coveted Grand Excalibur award, the highest honor of the evening outside of special awards, for its exceptional work for the 26th Annual BP MS 150 Bike Ride non-profit PR campaign. Continuing its role as the largest fundraising event for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society nationwide, the BP MS 150 Ride from Houston to Austin has experienced monumental growth throughout its 26-year history, evolving from 237 cyclists that raised $117,000 in 1985 to its 2010 capacity of 13,000 riders that endeavored to raise $18 million.
FKM PR was honored in 15 different categories, winning five Gold, seven Silver and two Bronze awards and demonstrating both the depth and breadth of talent in the agency. In comparison, the PR team won nine awards in eight categories at the 2010 event.
All told, FKM PR received 18 Excalibur awards for the following campaigns and categories:
- Agency of the Year
- Large Agency of the Year
- Young PR Professional of the Year Honorable Mention – Laureen Lucas
- Grand Excalibur Nominee - 26th Annual BP MS 150 Bike Ride
- Gold Excalibur - New Plant Brings Economic Growth to Los Angeles, News Conference/Publicity Stunt
- Gold Excalibur - Mission Menus Challenge, Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Gold Excalibur - Chalk the Walk for MS, Grassroots Program/Guerilla Marketing
- Gold Excalibur - The Woman’s Hospital of Texas’ 7th Annual Labor Day Luncheon & Style Show, Experiential Marketing
- Gold Excalibur - Bertolli Olive Oil Joins Culinary Greats at Food and Wine Classic in Aspen, Special Event/Tradeshow
- Silver Excalibur - 26th Annual BP MS 150 Bike Ride, Non-profit PR Program/Campaign
- Silver Excalibur - FKM and HSPCA Bid Farewell to “Betsy the Bear,” News Release
- Silver Excalibur - Bike MS: Valero Breaking One Cycle for Another, Feature Release
- Silver Excalibur - Emirates is Twice as Nice with Double Daily Service, Media Launch
- Silver Excalibur - FKM Helps Make Bertolli Olive Oil Simply Better, Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Silver Excalibur - Houston Restaurant Week 2010, Collateral – Poster
- Silver Excalibur - FKM Tempts Fashion Taste Buds with the 2010 Labor Day Luncheon and Style Show, Collateral – Specialty Items
- Bronze Excalibur - Houston Restaurant Week 2010, Non-profit PR Program/Campaign
- Bronze Excalibur - FKM and Bertolli Olive Oil Impart Simplicity with a Modern Brochure, Collateral – Brochure
Founded in 1980, FKM is a national advertising, marketing and public relations agency, with capabilities ranging from brand development, interactive marketing, print and Internet yellow pages, to search, mobile, and media buying and planning. Headquartered in Houston with offices in Dallas and Austin, the agency reports $230 million in annual billings. FKM clients range from Fortune 100 companies to entrepreneurial start-ups, including Waste Management, Bertolli and Carapelli Olive Oils, Phillips 66 Aviation, Adams, Bio Spot and Stewart Title.
# # #