Sonoma, California (PRWEB) July 01, 2011
In the first employee-based survey of Bay Area companies, Workplace Dynamics named Nelson one of the Top Work Places in the Bay Area.
Workplace Dynamics, an independent company specializing in employee engagement and retention, used employee surveys to rank 10 large, 20 midsize, and 35 small companies. Rankings were calculated on company leadership, compensation and training, diversity/inclusion, career development, family-friendly flexibility, and values and ethics.
Survey results were released via the Bay Area News Group, which includes the San Jose Mercury News, Contra Costa Times, Oakland Tribune, and the San Mateo County Times. Results are also online at http://www.mercurynews.com/jobs.
“Business is good throughout the Bay Area, and especially so in the Silicon Valley,” states Craig Nelson, Executive VP. “In a highly competitive market, clients rely on us for the best recruiting and retention strategies. This award confirms we’re using our own recommended best practices, thereby creating a workplace that attracts and keeps the best talent. It’s a list we’re particularly pleased to make.”
Mac Tully, Publisher of the Bay Area News Group said, “Despite the challenges of the economy, the Bay Area continues to set the standard for progressive companies such as Nelson, which provide positive, enriching work experiences for their employees.”
“We are very proud to have been recognized as one of the top work places in the Bay Area,” says founder and owner, Gary D. Nelson. “Putting people to work is what it’s all about and in this economy, it is especially important that jobs be filled quickly. Having strong talent readily available allows businesses to compete globally from their California-based locations.”
The largest independent staffing firm in Northern California with 40 years of experience, Nelson attributes its success as an employer to the values embraced by the company. Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, and Empathy are principles that Nelson’s owners and employees alike hold dear. Preserving honesty, embracing creativity, producing high-quality products and services, and fostering quality relationships is the recipe for this company’s successful work place.
About the Nelson Family of Companies
The Nelson Family of Companies was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Sonoma, CA. According to Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), the company has grown into the 44th largest staffing company in the United States and is the largest independent human capital solutions company in Northern California. In addition, it ranks nationally among the “Top 10 Best Staffing Firms to Work For.” To learn more about Nelson Staffing and other arms of the company, visit http://www.nelsonstaffing.com.
The Nelson Family of Companies consists of the following businesses:
- Nelson Staffing: Provides consultant, executive, full-time and temporary talent in a broad range of career areas including winery operations, technology, game software testing, legal, engineering, office administration, hospitality, light industrial, customer service, marketing, non-profit, human resources, business development and sales. http://www.nelsonstaffing.com
- WorkforceLogic: Delivers workforce management and risk mitigation solutions that give businesses of all sizes improved control over their contingent workforce programs. http://www.workforcelogic.com
- Nelson & Associates: Provides full-time and executive search placement, as well as consultant and temporary professionals, in all financial areas for all types and sizes of companies. http://www.nelsonandassociates.com
- Nelson Technology: Provides end-to-end consulting services that include requirements gathering and analysis, project management, product/software development, testing, deployment, and maintenance, as well as the placement of software and IT support professionals. http://www.nelsontechnology.com
- NelsonJobs.com: Northern California’s premier job board. http://www.nelsonjobs.com
- HRhome: A members-only online resource created by HR professionals for HR professionals. Subscribers have access to proprietary content and customizable features within nine primary sections that allow them to find the information, tools, and resources they need to quickly solve HR-related challenges. http://www.hrhome.com
# # #