We’ve experienced a great 2011 to date and have had the opportunity to service multiple clients across the country within multiple segments of transportation. These recent assignments are truly indicative of the resurgence the transportation industry...
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) July 05, 2011
Ahern and Associates, Ltd., the North American leader in the field of transportation acquisitions, begins the second half of 2011 much the way the year started—with additional consulting assignments. This time, the skilled analysts and consultants have been asked by four separate growing companies to find suitable acquisition targets for expansion within the fields of freight forwarding, logistics, dedicated contracts and independent contractors.
Fresh off a recent assignment for Arkansas Transit Homes where Andy Ahern, CEO of Ahern and Associates found a buyer for the company in less than three weeks, Ahern looks tap into his ever-growing network to help perform the assignments while expanding their “Client Acquisition Board” which features open acquisition needs across North America. Ahern is currently looking to fulfill the following most recent assignments:
Client #1 is a large privately held transportation company specializing in over dimensional and flatbed business. Client is looking to expand their operation throughout the United States:
- Looking to acquire independent contractor fleets that generate at least $4MM - $50MM of revenue.
- Would like to acquire a company that utilizes 100 – 300 independent contractors.
- Company would like management to stay and become part of the organization going forward.
Client #2 is looking to expand their freight brokerage business:
- This is currently a publicly traded company.
- They’ve completed 3 acquisitions in the last 6 months, and they’re looking to grow.
- Target areas are East Coast, Atlanta and Texas.
- Minimum target revenue should approximate $10MM to $75MM yearly.
- Company must be profitable.
Client #3 is looking to expand their platform:
- This is a private equity firm.
- Looking for an international freight forwarder to generate a minimum of $80MM of annual revenue.
- Management must be willing to stay and grow the business going forward.
- Target company must generate EBITDA of at least $3MM and up.
- This client is looking for an international presence.
Client #4 is a well established, well recognized company that’s looking for dedicated freight contract carriers:
- Client is looking for opportunities of $8MM dedicated freight contracts and up.
- Preferably would like a carrier that has multiple contracts and generates at least $20MM - $150MM of annual revenue.
- Client is willing to pay fair market value for the business.
- This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a well recognized firm whose revenue exceeds $1 billion a year.
Ahern comments, “We’ve experienced a great 2011 to date and have had the opportunity to service multiple clients across the country within multiple segments of transportation. These recent assignments are truly indicative of the resurgence the transportation industry as a whole is experiencing and we’re pleased to be a part of it.”
About Ahern & Associates, Ltd.:
Ahern and Associates is North America’s leading trucking and transportation management consulting firm. The skilled consultants at Ahern and Associates specialize in mergers and acquisitions of trucking and logistics companies as well as the restructuring and evaluation of existing carriers that seek to increase operating efficiency and improve profitability. Since 1987, Ahern and Associates has aided hundreds of buyers in the acquisition of trucking and logistics companies throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as assisting many transportation and logistics companies in reducing their overall operating costs and increasing their profitability. For more information, please call 602-242-1030 or visit http://www.Ahern-Ltd.com.
Jason W. Jantzen
Phoenix Marketing Associates
# # #