Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 05, 2011
Efforts to improve care coordination and decrease hospital readmissions will be the topic of the second webinar in the Partnership for Patients-National Priorities Partnership (NPP) Patient Safety Webinar Series. As part of an ongoing series hosted by the NPP, which is convened by the National Quality Forum, and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the free webinar is available to all stakeholders who want to make strides in improving patient safety.
What: Registration is now available for the Partnership for Patients-National Priorities Partnership Patient Safety Webinar Series’ second interactive webinar. “Reducing Readmissions through Care Transitions” will discuss the goal of reducing hospital admissions by 20% through the reduction of preventable complications which often occur during the transition from one care setting to another.
When: July 6, 3:00 - 4:00pm ET, via interactive webinar
Who: Speakers include:
- Mary Naylor, PhD, RN, Professor in Gerontology, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Eric Coleman, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Robyn Golden, LCSW, Director of Older Adult Programs, Rush University Medical Center
- Traci Cornelius, MSW, Care Transitions Coach, Riverside County Regional Medical Center
- Helen Darling, president and CEO of the National Business Group on Health and NPP Co-Chair
Hosted by the National Priorities Partnership (NPP), a multi-stakeholder group convened by the National Quality Forum (NQF), the interactive session will be audio-streamed, free of charge. Space is limited, and advance registration is recommended to ensure real-time participation. All webinars will be recorded, archived, and made available on NQF’s website after each event. To register for the event, please visit http://eo2.commpartners.com/users/pfp/.
Additional upcoming webinar topics will include:
- Adverse Drug Events – July 19 at 1pm ET
o Speaker: Michael Cohen, MS, ScD, RPh, President, Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- Infections in the Intensive Care Units - August 3 at 2pm ET
o Speaker: Peter Pronovost, MD, PhD, Medical Director, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Surgical Site Infections
- Pressure Ulcers and Injuries from Falls
- Venous Thromboembolism
- Obstetrical Adverse Events
Archived webinars include:
- “An Overview of the Partnership for Patients and Getting Started in Your Organization”
The National Priorities Partnership, convened by the National Quality Forum, is a multi-stakeholder group including organizations representing the interests of consumers, purchasers, healthcare providers and professionals, state-based associations, community collaborative and regional alliances, government agencies, health plans, accreditation and certification bodies, and supplier and industry groups. To learn more, please visit: http://www.qualityforum.org/Setting_Priorities/NPP/National_Priorities_Partnership.aspx