Camp Verde, AZ (PRWEB) July 13, 2011
The risks for heart disease increase with age and they are greater if a family member developed heart disease at an early age. Fortunately, there are lifestyle changes that one can make to reduce the risks of developing heart disease. Take a look at these nine ways to fight heart disease now, brought to you by The Institute for Vibrant Living.
1. Change Your Diet – Consume five servings per day of brightly-colored fruits and vegetables - it has been shown that eating foods containing beta carotene, lycopene and other carotenoids may lower the risk of heart attack. Support the heart and enhance immune-system health with foods high in omega 3 fatty acids like salmon, tuna, halibut and nuts. Also, red grapes contain resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant that enhances arterial health and may be the secret behind the “French paradox” – the fact that the French have a low incidence of heart disease but a rather high-fat diet.
Limit saturated fat – high amounts increase the risk of heart disease by causing a buildup of cholesterol in the arteries and may increase body weight due to a high caloric level.
Stay away from Trans fatty acids which are produced from hydrogenation - a process of hardening vegetable oils. Trans fats can raise LDL (bad cholesterol) and lower HDL (good cholesterol) and are found in fried foods, processed foods and margarines - read labels.
2. Get Enough Exercise – At least one in three Americans don’t get enough exercise. Incorporate 30 to 60 minutes of exercise into your daily routine to reduce your risk of fatal heart disease. The reward is even greater when you pair exercise with other healthy lifestyle changes, such as maintaining a healthy weight.
3. Maintain a Healthy Weight – Obesity is the primary cause of fatal heart attacks in the United States. People who are 30% or more overweight double their chances of dying from a heart attack.
4. Hydrate – Adequate hydration is important for overall good health, but needs vary depending on weather and activity levels. A simple way to determine if you are getting enough water is to track the color of your urine - the darker the color, the more water your body needs.
5. Try Heart-healthy Supplements – It is important to get adequate amounts (400 mg per day) of vitamin D, which supports overall good health.
6. Manage Stress - Combat stress in healthy ways on a regular basis. Try physical exercise, yoga, meditation, deep breathing, playing a musical instrument, listening to soft music or reading.
7. Learn - It is important to recognize the symptoms of heart disease. The most common is angina, or chest pain. Additional symptoms are: shortness of breath, weakness or dizziness, nausea, sweating, a faster heart beat and an irregular heart beat (palpitations).
8. Know Your Numbers - Get regular checkups for cholesterol levels, blood pressure and body mass index. The higher these numbers are, the greater your risks for heart disease.
9. Don’t Smoke - Smoking raises blood pressure and encourages clotting in the bloodstream. In the long-term, cigarette smoking increases the chances of developing heart disease and raises the risk of dying from a heart attack by 70%.
For good heart-health, try Cocoberri Heart-Strong Coco Drink from the Institute for Vibrant Living. In addition to resveratrol, this heart supplement contains powerful antioxidants like raspberry powder, green tea powder and quercetin. Green tea extract helps to reduce harmful blood fats, balance cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure and naturally enhance the heart’s efficiency. Quercetin is the most active of the flavonoids. These have been shown to dramatically reduce the risks of dying from heart disease. In addition to improving heart health, this supplement drink boosts the immune system and naturally enhances sex life.
To help lower blood pressure naturally, try Natto BP Plus from The Institute for Vibrant Living. Natto BP Plus is a natural heart health product that combines five super-nutrients that may help to thin the blood, decrease oxidative stress, relax blood vessels, eliminate unnecessary fatty acids, regulate salt and fluid levels and fortify capillaries. Natto BP Plus may also help lower bad cholesterol and bolster good cholesterol.