San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 06, 2011
Marin Software, provider of the leading online advertising management platform for advertisers and agencies, today announced it has been selected by Red Herring as a Top 100 North America Tech Startup. Red Herring announced its Top 100 award in recognition of the leading private companies from North America, celebrating these startups’ innovations and technologies across their respective industries.
- Red Herring’s Top 100 North America list has become a mark of distinction for identifying promising new companies and entrepreneurs. Red Herring editors were among the first to recognize that companies such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Skype, Salesforce.com, YouTube, and eBay would change the way we live and work.
- Red Herring’s editorial staff evaluated the companies on both quantitative and qualitative criteria, such as financial performance, technology innovation, management quality, strategy, and market penetration.
- This assessment of potential is complemented by a review of the track record and standing of startups relative to their sector peers, allowing Red Herring to see past the “buzz” and make the list a valuable instrument of discovery and advocacy for the most promising new business models in North America.
- “Choosing the companies with the strongest potential was by no means a small feat,” said Alex Vieux, publisher and CEO of Red Herring. “After rigorous contemplation and discussion, we narrowed our list down from hundreds of candidates from across North America to the Top 100 Winners. We believe Marin Software embodies the vision, drive and innovation that define a successful entrepreneurial venture. Marin Software should be proud of its accomplishment, as the competition was very strong.”
- "Marin continues to enjoy strong growth driven by our platform’s ability to deliver financial lift, time savings, and better insights for our global customers. Marin now serves over 800 advertisers and agencies in 160 countries who cumulatively manage over $2 billion annually of search, display, and social advertising via our platform," said Christopher Lien, CEO of Marin Software. "Every member of Marin's fast-growing global team has worked hard to create a world-class company, and being selected by Red Herring as one of the Top 100 startups in North America is a great validation of Marin's success."
About Marin Software:
Marin Software is a leading provider of online advertising management solutions, offering an integrated platform for managing search, display, and social marketing. The company provides solutions for advertisers and agencies of all sizes, enabling them to improve financial performance, save time, and make better decisions. Marin Enterprise, the company's flagship product, addresses the needs of online marketers spending at least $100,000 per month on biddable media. Marin Professional delivers the same power and ease of use as Marin Enterprise, through an application designed for marketers spending less than $100,000 per month on paid search. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices worldwide, Marin's technology powers marketing campaigns for over 800 customers managing more than $2.1 billion of annualized ad spend in more than 160 countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.marinsoftware.com.