In this report, our panel debates the impact of recent clinical data related to four groups of therapeutics: anti-TNF, integrin/ adhesion/ MAdCAM, IL-23 and JAK. They predict the likelihood of approvals and future usage.”
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) July 12, 2011
MedPredict Market Research, a global provider of pharmaceutical competitive intelligence and market research, has published a new report entitled “Thought Leader Insight & Analysis: Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD),” designed to provide critical strategic insight for pharma and biotech companies with a stake in the market for diagnostics and treatments in this disease area.
“In this report, our panel debates the impact of recent clinical data related to four groups of therapeutics: anti-TNF, integrin/adhesion/MAdCAM, IL-23 and JAK,” according to Jeff Berk, the report’s lead author. “They predict the likelihood of approvals and future usage in the treatment of IBD.” Specific topics discussed in this report include:
- Anti-TNF: which is the preferred therapeutic and why? Will the new data showing superior response in ulcerative colitis with Remicade (infliximab) + azathioprine be practice-changing?
- How do thought leaders perceive the risk of lymphoma with dual immunosupression regimens?
- Is the key unmet need in IBD still “steroid sparing?”
- Will a new JC virus diagnostic boost usage of Biogen/Elan’s Tysabri (natalizumab)? How do perceptions differ in the US versus Europe?
- How would approval of Takeda’s integrin vedolizumab impact prescribing? Is Takeda likely to continue development of vedolizumab?
- Other mechanisms discussed include IL-17, CCR9, and stem cell transplant.
Transcripts of six qualitative interviews with gastroenterologists are included in the report.
Companies discussed in this report: Abbott, Ablynx, Allostera, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Athersys, Avaxia, Biogen Idec, Celgene, Centocor Ortho Biotech, ChemoCentryx, Elan, Emergent, Essex, Ferring, Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Janssen, Johnson & Johnson, Lilly, Merck, Millennium, Novartis, Osiris, Pfizer, Rigel, Roche, Takeda, UCB, and Vertex.
The full report may be purchased by contacting MedPredict.
MedPredict (http://www.medpredict.com) maintains a proprietary database of over 1,000 global physician thought leaders. Based on primary interviews with these thought leaders, MedPredict publishes periodic therapeutic area reports to keep clients up-to-date on emerging trends and competitive activity. The reports include thought leader reactions to recent publications and presentations, as well as clinical, regulatory and marketing activity.
For more information contact: