Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 13, 2011
An upcoming WPL Publishing training course will provide plenty of valuable information for professionals who need to understand how construction schedules work, how they should be read, and how they can be put into immediate productive use.
Among other things, the two part webinar course will help attendees understand the critical path method (CPM) in scheduling construction projects as well as CPM calculations and definitions. To register for the course, which will consist of two four-hour webinar sessions -- one on Tuesday, July 19, 2011, and the other on Thursday, July 21, 2011 (each session beginning at 1:00 p.m. EDT) -- visit http://tinyurl.com/6jpqkop.
The webinar course, entitled “Construction Scheduling -- Key to On-Time Performance and Increased Profits,” will help attendees do the following:
- Understand planning -- the concept of scheduling and the importance of scheduling projects.
- Create and read bar (Gantt) charts and node networks.
- Learn the steps involved in creating a CPM schedule for any project.
- Understand precedence networks (with four types of relationships).
- Strategize ways to update projects to reflect actual performance as part of the project-control effort.
- Achieve better and more efficient scheduling and reporting
- Understand how to meet schedule-submission requirements on federal and public agency contracts.
- For architects, engineers, and owners, use schedules as a contract administration tool.
- Understand the concept of resource loading and resource leveling as well as the concept of schedule compression and the techniques involved to crash projects.
CPM scheduling is one of the few tools that actually helps contractors, subcontractors, and construction managers improve efficiency and processes, plan better logistics, and help foresee and document possible delays. CPM schedules are the Excel modeling tool of construction activities. They can help construction professionals find better ways to build their projects, improve crew workflow, and minimize costly equipment rentals. Most large contracts require schedule submissions. And for many projects, competence in scheduling can help construction professionals up the pre-qualification ladder. The two-day, eight-hour training course will teach webinar attendees and their staffs how to prepare and use a CPM schedule for more cost-effective and timely project completion.
Addressing attendees will be Saleh Mubarak, a construction management consultant who specializes in planning and scheduling, project control, and cost estimating.
Following Mr. Mubarak’s presentation, there will be an interactive 10-to-15 minute question-and-answer session addressing relevant topics.
Webinar tuition is based on location, not number of participants, so each registration site can have multiple participants for one low price. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/6jpqkop.
WPL Publishing Co., Inc. produces three construction newsletters: Construction Claims Advisor (http://www.constructionclaims.com), Green Building Insider (http://www.greenbuildinginsider.com), and Construction Advisor Today (http://www.constructionadvisortoday.com). The company also hosts webinar series on topics relevant to the construction industry. WPL is on Twitter at CAT_Online.