Portland, OR and Boston, MA (PRWEB) July 14, 2011
ActiveTrak Inc. announces it has signed a reseller agreement with PlumChoice Inc. which will enable PlumChoice to bundle ActiveTrak’s award winning GadgetTrak® Mobile Security solution with PlumChoice’s world class technology care services provided by its qualified IT certified technicians. Plum Choice will offer the combined technology and services through its channel partners, which include ISPs, service providers, and other retail partners serving the small and medium size business and consumer markets. The combined solution provides PlumChoice’s partners with an additional revenue stream and offers their customers not only peace of mind but also access to a comprehensive suite of support services.
“With the explosion in the use of mobile devices including smartphones and tablets the numbers of lost or stolen devices is increasing,” said Josh Goldlust, Vice President, and Product Management for PlumChoice. “The combination ActiveTrak’s technology and PlumChoice’s technology care services will enable our partners to offer security and peace of mind to their customers for a simple monthly subscription fee.”
GadgetTrak Mobile Security provides advanced tracking and data protection software for smartphones and tablets. The software allows lost or stolen devices to be tracked, as well as remotely backup and wipe sensitive information on the device. GadgetTrak Mobile Security also provides tamper proof measures, preventing thieves from modifying the application settings or avoiding being tracked by simply removing the SIM card.
Key features of GadgetTrak Mobile Security include:
- Optimized for smartphones and tablets: GadgetTrak Mobile Security is designed to leverage the native capabilities present on smartphones and media tablets to offer the best possible protection for the widest range of mobile devices
- Remotely wipe the device: Remotely wipe personal data stored on your device such as photos, email, contacts and SMS messages
- Secure data backup: Encrypt photos and contacts using government grade encryption (AES 256) and back them up in a secure location
- Advanced Positioning: Locate your device using a combination of GPS, Wi-Fi positioning and cell tower positioning, even if the device is indoors
- Tamper proof: Once activated, the software settings cannot be modified on the device and notifies the device owner if the SIM card changes
- Alarm: Trigger the device to emit a loud siren that can be a theft deterrent or help find a missing phone even if it is set to silent mode
PlumChoice is setting a new standard of customer care with its Service 2.0 approach that has reinvented the way technology care is provided to connected homes and small businesses. As the largest independent technology care provider in the industry, PlumChoice pioneered the remote technical services business in 2001, providing 24x7 online repair and assistance for digital devices through local industry-certified agents. With the addition of its patented SAFElink™ service relationship platform, PlumChoice now offers a fully integrated and highly secure solution for service providers and other business partners, working under their brand names to provide them with new sources of revenue and cost reduction. PlumChoice's services can be delivered remotely or on-site as a one-time incident, bundled with products/services, or subscriber-based solution. Covered devices include PCs and Macintosh® computers, laptops, netbooks and mobile phones, TVs and home theater systems, routers and servers, networks, security systems, consumer electronics, software, peripherals, iPhones® and other devices.
ActiveTrak Inc. is an innovator of location tracking and data protection solutions for laptops, smartphones, and portable media devices. The company’s award winning, cross-platform GadgetTrak software delivers the most advanced tracking and data protection available for consumers and businesses today. This year the company was named in Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Top 100 Brilliant Companies” and has won awards from CTIA, MIT and the Mobile Star Awards for their innovative security solutions.