Topeka, KS (PRWEB) July 15, 2011
When the sales team at Briggs Dodge were asked about their thoughts on Chrysler, they were very optimistic and not at all surprised the company has been doing so well. As the leading Dodge dealer in Topeka, Kansas, they have their finger on the pulse of the car buying public.
Chrysler Group LLC recently reported U.S. sales of 120,394, a 30% increase compared with sales in June 2010, and the best June sales since 2007. Overall, Jeep and Ram Truck brand models contributed to the 30% June sales increase. The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee posted a 208% sales increase while the 2011 Ram pickup truck saw a 35% sales gain.
Chrysler’s new fuel-efficient models played a significant role in the June sales increase, including the new 2011 Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan, the new 2011 Jeep Compass compact SUV, and the new 2012 Fiat 500 city car.
“Thanks to our alliance with Fiat, we now have 12 models that have EPA-rated highway fuel economy of 25 miles per gallon or higher, and four of those models get 30 mpg or more,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO – Dodge Brand and Head of U.S. Sales.
“This business is all about product and consumers are rapidly discovering everything we now have. Each Chrysler Group brand is contributing to our success and driving our 46 percent retail sales growth.”
June 2011 U.S. Sales Highlights
● Jeep brand sales (36,114 units) increased 74 percent compared with the same month last year (20,731 units)
● Sales of the new 2011 Jeep Compass (4,763 units) were up 278 percent versus June 2010 (1,259 units)
● Jeep Grand Cherokee sales (8,969 units) improved 208 percent compared with June last year (2,912 units)
● Jeep Wrangler sales (11,290 units) increased 27 percent versus June 2010 (8,923 units)
● Jeep Liberty sales (5,252 units) increased 36 percent compared with June last year (3,865 units)
● Jeep Patriot (5,840 units) posted an 77 percent year-over-year sales increase
● Ram Truck brand sales (22,547 units) increased 34 percent compared with the same month last year (16,862 units)
● Ram pickup truck sales (21,362 units) improved 35 percent versus June 2010 (15,864 units)
● Dodge brand sales (43,401 units) were up 17 percent in June compared with June a year ago (36,996 units)
● Dodge Durango sales (5,827 units) increased 34 percent versus the previous month of May 2011
● Dodge Challenger sales (3,384 units) were up 10 percent in June compared with the same month a year ago (3,086 units)
Local consumers who are interested in buying a new Dodge in Topeka, Kansas are encouraged to stop by Briggs Dodge, the leading Dodge dealership in the area. They have the service, selection, and sales team that makes the car shopping process easier.