The meet brings together senior executives from refineries, petrochemicals & downstream producers/trading firms, specialty chemical producers, technology providers, shipping & logistics companies, consultants & financial institutions.
Phuket, Thailand (PRWEB) July 18, 2011
The 18th APS returns this year to analyze the dynamics and trade flows in the petrochemical industry, examine current investment climate & project status, explore feedstock options such as biomass & shale gas, and provide updates on downstream growth sectors and technology trends … and many more.
The 1.5 days annual meet brings together senior executives from refineries, petrochemicals & downstream producers/trading firms, specialty chemical producers, technology providers, shipping & logistics companies, consultants and financial institutions. It features unparalleled line-up of international speakers addressing central theme of `When is the next upturn?’
In view of the merger between PTT Chemical and PTT Aromatics & Refining in Thailand to create the third-biggest petrochemical firm in SE Asia behind Petronas Chemical and Siam Cement Group, in terms of enterprise value, the summit presents views on likely changes to the petrochemical scene in Thailand and Asia. Dr. Kriengsak Wongpromra from Petroleum Institute of Thailand will open with his take on ‘Thailand’s Petrochemical and its Next Stage of Development.’ Comparative overview on petchem development in India, Vietnam, Japan, Middle East will also be analysed by expert representatives from Reliance Industries, Vinachem, Mitsubishi Corp and APIC Iran respectively.
The rest of invited speaker panelists contributing at this Phuket meet include:
- Andrew Lee Fagg of Nexant to shed light on the expectations for returning profitability to the petrochemical sector and a new cyclic peak! He will also discuss the global olefins & polyolefins market trends.
- Purvin & Gertz, giving an overview on global feedstock market outlook, the dynamics between LPG, condensates and naphtha, as well as price forecast.
- Gaffney, Cline & Associates with a presentation on the potential of shale gas as an alternative petchem feedstock, investment for export and emerging new petrochemical projects plus their global impact
- Steven Kantorowicz, Vice President, Petrochemicals Asia & Principal Consultant of KBC Advanced Technology Pte Ltd addressing the topic on Innovations in Cracker Technology for Process Optimization.
- Mrs Voravan Chaimuang from IRPC Public Company Limited will present a paper on ‘Styrene & Derivatives Market Outlook in the Next 3 Years’ with 2010 being proclaimed to be the most fruitful year for styrene manufacturing in terms of new added capacities (Business Wire).
- Makarand Dixit, Head of Marketing, Ongc Petro Additions Limited (OPal) to discuss the butadiene market in Asia, and analyze high crude C4 price vs availability.
- Ewe Ee Foong, EVP, Development of ChemOne Holdings Pte Ltd as he gives insights into the development and challenges in putting together the Jurong Aromatics project and
- Jayant Dhobley, President, Asia Pacific, DSM Engineering Plastics Asia Pacific plugs in a downstream session with a presentation on Engineering Plastics outlook in Asia.
To access full agenda and other information on 18th APS 2011, plus see a selection of last year’s event photographs, visit the event’s website at http://www.cmtevents.com. For details on reservations please contact Huiyan Fu at huiyan(at)cmtsp(dot)com.sg.