"Boosting profits in fixed ops has become increasingly important to many dealerships, and technology is key to achieving this," said Mike Esposito, President & CEO of Auto/Mate.
Clifton Park, NY (PRWEB) July 18, 2011
Auto/Mate Dealership Systems (http://www.automate.com) announced today the release of a new Service Merchandising module for its dealership management system (DMS). The new module consolidates all service merchandising functions within one, user-friendly screen; greatly increasing productivity and enabling auto dealer service managers to more efficiently manage their departments.
“Boosting profits in fixed ops has become increasingly important to many dealerships, and technology is key to achieving this,” said Mike Esposito, President and CEO of Auto/Mate. “We developed the features in this module over the last year largely based on customer requests and feedback, and the response has been that the new interface helps to streamline processes and grow profits in the service department.”
The Service Merchandising module includes the following new upgrades:
- One-Screen Access: All service merchandising activities are accessed within one screen, including the ability to schedule appointments, create estimates and repair orders, view manufacturers’ and service history, and edit customer information.
- Instant Repair Orders: ROs can be instantly created from the appointment screen with a single click of the mouse, greatly reducing wait-time for customers and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Graphics-Rich Calendar: Service managers can view appointments on a daily, weekly or monthly basis in a graphics-rich, user-friendly calendar application. At-a-glance scheduling makes booking and scheduling decisions easy, enabling managers to run their departments at maximum efficiency.
- Instant “Merge” Function: Unique to Auto/Mate’s DMS is the ability to merge duplicate customer information with a single click of a button. For instance, if there are four separate entries for the same customer, all that’s required is to select the four contacts, then click “merge” and the system automatically merges them into a single contact. Other DMS systems may have the ability to merge but it requires several, tedious steps.
- OEM Button: Another feature unique to Auto/Mate is the ability to instantly access manufacturers’ online information from within the DMS by simply clicking on the “OEM Button.” This eliminates the need to open up a separate web browser, access the OEM web site and import data or manually enter it. With Auto/Mate, a service employee can simply click on the VIN # from within the appointment screen, click the OEM Button and all the service information related to that vehicle will be instantly available; including recalls, service contracts, warranty information, repair history and more.
Auto/Mate’s new Service Merchandising module is available immediately and will be installed at no charge to current customers. With Auto/Mate, every customer receives new features at no additional cost; all upgrades are included within the low, monthly maintenance fee. For more information, call (877) 340-2677.
Auto/Mate is a leading dealer management system (DMS) provider that offers its Automotive Management Productivity Suite (AMPS) to franchised dealerships. The company has received top satisfaction rankings from customers in NADA’s 2009 Dealership Management System survey and boasts more than 300 years of collective automotive experience among its key executives and employees—the foundation of its “designed by car people for car people” slogan. For more information, visit http://www.automate.com, and follow on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AutoMateDMS.
# # #