Newton, MA (PRWEB) July 18, 2011
Lyra Research (http://www.lyra.com), the digital imaging authority, announces that Lyra Senior Editor Jim Lyons will be the lunch keynote speaker at The Imaging Channel’s 2011 Managed Print Summit (http://worldexpo.rechargermag.com/events/world-expo-2011/information/mps.aspx), a frontrunner event to Recharger Magazine’s World Expo (http://worldexpo.rechargermag.com/Home.aspx). The title of the keynote address is The MPS Transformation: The Future Ain’t What It Used to Be. Lyons will deliver the address on Tuesday, July 19, from 12:30–1:00 p.m. PDT.
Lyons’ discussion will provide insight into the history of MPS, how the MPS market evolved to where it is today, and the trends that will impact the future of MPS. Trends to be discussed include the following:
- the decreasing level of control over MPS messaging among printing and imaging industry OEMs and the increasing level of influence among the variety of other companies involved in MPS engagements;
- the intensifying struggle over supplies throughout the value chain as a key control point in MPS engagements;
- increasingly active integration of MPS with various IT services from managed services providers (MSPs);
- declining MPS opportunities from first-time customers who want to engage in a full-scale MPS program and increasing MPS opportunities among customers who want to add or swap out pieces and parts of their MPS program;
- the expanding pervasiveness of mobility and cloud conversions in the MPS market; and
- increasing demands to deliver clear evidence of bottom-line savings to MPS customers.
“The Imaging Channel’s Managed Print Summit is a beneficial event for companies interested in gaining insight into the world of MPS and its challenges and business opportunities,” said Lyons. “Lyra appreciates the chance to share our thoughts about the history of MPS and what the future holds for this market. In 2011 and beyond, there is going to be an emphasis on real performance and execution instead of MPS strategy and predictions. The new decade marks the printing and imaging industry’s entry into a more reality-based MPS environment.”
About the 2011 Managed Print Summit
The third annual Managed Print Summit will take place on Tuesday, July 19, from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. The summit provides instruction and insight to printing and imaging industry professionals who are interested in joining the MPS market or obtaining advice on how to expand their current offerings. Specifically, this year’s event will provide insight into Innovations in Technology – A Catalyst for Change in MPS and the Building Blocks for MPS Success.
Schedule a Meeting with the Lyra MPS Team during the Event
To schedule a meeting with Mr. Lyons or Robert Palmer, director of Lyra’s Managed Document Practice, during the conference, please contact Irene Savage at 617-454-2658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lyra Research: The Digital Imaging Authority
Lyra Research collaborates with imaging industry decision makers worldwide, enabling clients to strengthen their market position and achieve profitable growth. Lyra’s expert analysts and editors help clients devise and implement creative solutions to business challenges, providing them with competitive intelligence, strategic and tactical advice, news and analysis, and market forecasts.
Since 1991, Lyra’s custom research and consulting, advisory services, award-winning journals, and innovative events have set the standard for analysis of imaging hardware, consumables, and digital photography markets.
Visit http://www.lyra.com to learn more about how Lyra can be your strategic business partner.