Tour Wrist is the YouTube of virtual tours and quickly becoming the definitive destination for searching for and viewing virtual tours.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 18, 2011
Tour Wrist -- a mobile and web-based 360-degree virtual tour hosting company -- announced today (7/18/11) it has surpassed hosting 20,000 virtual tour scenes; released eight white label apps; surpassed 250,000 downloads of its free Tour Wrist app; and that its Tour Wrist Publishing API (“Application Programming Interface”) is now available, free to developers.
“Tour Wrist is the YouTube of virtual tours and quickly becoming the definitive destination for searching for and viewing virtual tours,” said Tour Wrist CEO and Founder Charles Armstrong. “Of the more than 20,000 virtual tour scenes we have added in just months of our launch, nearly 15,000 are hotels. Plus, with our recently announced RE/MAX® Approved Supplier status for virtual tours, we anticipate huge growth in real estate for sale virtual tour scenes on Tour Wrist.”
Companies seeking a professional virtual tour photographer can email their contact information to: orders(at)TourWrist(dot)com
Since its 1/1/11 commercial launch, Tour Wrist has developed and released these eight white label apps – nearly all available in the Apple iTunes App Store:
1. Eckerd College -- provides immersive virtual tour of its Florida Gulf Coast college including: the gulf coach beach, classrooms, cafeteria, library, auditoriums and student housing. The app seamlessy integrates an Eckerd College created and maintained mobile optimized webpage with dynamic content such as Eckerd College news and sport scores.
2. CrimeSeen 360 -- allows students of the University of Florida’s Forensic Science program to enter mock crime scenes, capturing photographic evidence in an immersive and engaging new way; then submitting forensic reports to their instructors. (This is a private app with the required password available only from the instructors.)
3. ProTours360 -- offers virtual tours of businesses, including a strong emphasis on service industries such as dental and medical practices.
4. Drink Wine 36 -- delivers virtual tours of wineries in exciting locations such as Arizona and Setubal, Portugal.
5. Home Tours Florida -- allows users to view immersive virtual tours of some of Florida’s most beautiful properties for sale.
6. 360iTours presents a diverse collection of 360-degree experiences spanning many industries.
7. City of Redlands -- delivers a single mobile destination for the many tourist destinations that make up Redlands, CA. This app is being distributed outside of the Apple iTunes App Store, using the city’s own distribution technology.
8. Redlands PD -- is a community safety app for use by the Redlands’ Police Department. This app is also being distributed via the city’s own distribution infrastructure.
Additional white label apps are in development. Companies interested in learning about Tour Wrist white app solutions, can email their contact info to: orders(at)TourWrist(dot)com.
“Millions of iPhone and iPod Touch users will soon be able to shoot and share 360-degree virtual tour images – free, as a result of Tour Wrist making available the use of its powerful Tour Wrist Publishing API free to developers,” says Armstrong. “Tour Wrist has embraced developers and manufacturers that specialize in 360-degree imaging.”
“Developers and manufacturers can now focus on their core competencies; including image capture; stitching; and processing from computers; smartphones; and other devices, says Armstrong. “Tour Wrist picks up where they leave off, providing an easy and seamless consumer experience that extends to uploading; hosting; searching; viewing; and sharing the resulting images through our best–in–class virtual tour platform.”
“While Tour Wrist’s Panoguide photographer website has over 6,000 registered pros and semi-pros,” releasing the Tour Wrist Publishing API truly democratizes panoramic photography – enabling virtually anyone with a smartphone to create and share 360-degree images for free,” says Armstrong.
“Businesses – such as travel and tourism destinations (hotels, bed and breakfasts), real estate professionals and restaurants – will embrace digital panoramic image solutions that enable them to shoot, share and promote their business at little or no cost,” said Armstrong. “Until recently, shooting and sharing panoramic images normally required thousands of dollars in camera gear and software, plus hosting – not to mention an expertise in using it all.”
Plus, with its free–to–paid “freemium” pricing model, Tour Wrist will offer enhanced tour hosting with services that include:
1. Interactive hotspots linking to web pages, other scenes, photos and more
2. Standard links to companies’ branding/marketing documents
3. Inclusion in industry–specific sales categories (e.g. Real Estate for Sale)
4. Turn–key microsites
5. Custom advertising spaces
6. Advanced traffic reporting
“For businesses that require professional virtual tour shoots, Tour Wrist offers a world–wide, professional ‘pano’ photographer community,” says industry veteran and Chief Operating Officer, Jeff Handley.
“We anticipate great uses of the Tour Wrist Publishing API will include mashups that we haven’t even imagined; just as developers have done for other social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Flickr,” says Armstrong. “Tour Wrist has created the very best virtual tour authoring experience by enabling pano developers and manufacturers to do what they do best while leveraging our robust hosting, searching and sharing infrastructure.”
“By enabling consumers to have a seamless shoot and share experience from their choice of multiple apps, programs, and cameras, Tour Wrist will continue to be the new ‘go to’ critical mass repository for geo-searching, viewing and sharing virtual tours — just as YouTube is for video,” said Chief Strategy Officer Tony Miller. “Plus, when appropriate, tours will be syndicated to our other private label apps, supporting individual businesses such as real estate brokers.”
Developers and manufacturers who would like to use the Tour Wrist Publishing API, can email their contact info to: API(at)TourWrist(dot)com
# # #