Yippidoo gives unmatched information and special offers and puts the small business back in the driving seat
london (PRWEB UK) 18 July 2011
Yippidoo is an amazing new website that brings together hundreds of ways for Yippdiooers to spend their free time. What’s more, Yippidoo makes it cheaper to have fun through Special Offers and covers the whole of the UK, not just the cities.
Yippidoo is already an extensive directory of what’s happening across the UK but the unique principle behind Yippidoo is to give those hosting local activities a free platform for communicating their activities. On why she founded Yippidoo, owner and founder Karen Cleale said “A village near me runs a football club for the under 10s and actually has an annual Fete ‘The Duck Parade’. It’s these really local events and activities that no-one hears about. Yippidoo will bring them together with the big brand information that’s already in the market today. The quiz nights, jazz and music events in the local pubs, the hotels, the restaurants and more. Yippidoo will give users a single platform that can be refined based on their personal preferences”
Yippidoo will help local businesses by putting the small business back in the driving seat. By using Yippidoo to tell ‘Yippidooers’ about activities and special offers, businesses and clubs will have a tool to communicate to the market and drive attendance. To celebrate their launch, Yippidoo are making it free to add Special Offers and Events for anyone who lists before the end of August and it will remain free for a period of time*.
“Yippidoo is a service giving unmatched information and special offers to users and providing those hosting events and offers a platform that changes the rules about the costs involved in communicating with potential attendees - allowing small businesses to get the same exposure for their special offers, currently only afforded by bigger players” said Karen.
Key features of Yippidoo:
- 13 categories of activities, with a huge range of sub categories
- UK wide coverage
- Events, Venues and Special Offers
- Extensive refine functionality, helping users find just what they’re looking for. Users can refine by criteria such as Child Suitability, Dietary Restrictions such as Gluten Free, if Pets are allowed and event tags such as Jazz, Football, Quizzes and more.
- e-Newsletter for local Events and Special Offers
- Wishlist functionality to aid user memory by saving listings
- Social media links across the site as well as ratings and user comments
- Android and iPhone Applications to follow
Launch activities are currently localised to Oxfordshire with radio and bus advertising - introducing the Yippidoo family Moo (a confused camel ~ don’t ask what happened in the sand dunes), Broo and Yokoo.
Before you do it, yippidoo it
Notes for editors:
- Contact details: Karen Cleale, 07590 047581, Karen(at)yippidoo(dot)com
- Yippidoo is an independent UK start-up who are trying to help users find out what’s going on and give venues a platform to communicate what they’re running, without the extreme charges usually associated
- *conditions apply. Those running a local activity, a restaurant, hotel, play area, is in a band etc. Those listing their activities on yippidoo before the end of August, we will allow them to add events and special offers for FREE until the market improves