Wireline voice, although not growing in any significant way, is holding steady across all sizes of business,” says Greg Potter. “One service segment we see that could be vulnerable due to alternative technologies like VoIP, is...
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) July 18, 2011
In the US, small business (5 to 99 employees) accounts for around half the GDP and more than half the employment. Not only do they employ a significant number of workers they also spend in a similar ratio. According to new In-Stat research, by 2015 small business spending on wireline voice services will approach $16 billion, which represents nearly 50% of all spending in this category.
“Wireline voice, although not growing in any significant way, is holding steady across all sizes of business,” says Greg Potter. “One service segment we see that could be vulnerable due to alternative technologies like VoIP, is international long distance services. Even though the total dollar spend remains high, we see negative growth over the forecast period.”
Some additional data points include:
- In small business, the hospitality and food vertical will spend the most on wireline voice services, reaching $2 billion by 2012.
- Total toll-free service expenditures will increase by $134 million over the 5-year forecast period.
- Enterprise spending in the government segment will reach $4.7 billion by 2015.
- SOHO will spend $267 million on other services in 2015, which includes audio-conferencing services, outbound calling services, and pre-paid calling.
The In-Stat research, US Business Spending by Size of Business and Vertical, 2010–2015: Wireline Voice Services(#IN1105029WVFS) provides forecasts of US business wireline voice services spending for the 2010–2015 period with detailed segmentation by product category, size of business, and vertical market. Detail is included for: local services, domestic long distance, international long distance, toll-free services, and other services.
Forecasts are broken into the following size-of-business segments and sub-segments:
- Home office (1 to 4 employees)
- Small office (1 to 4 employees)
- Small business (5 to 9 employees, 10 to 19 employees, and 20 to 99 employees)
- Mid-sized business (100 to 499 employees and 500 to 999 employees)
- Enterprise (1,000 to 4,999 employees, 5,000 to 9,999 employees, and 10,000 or more employees)
Forecasts are also broken down further into the following vertical markets:
- Administrative and support services, waste management
- Arts and entertainment
- Finance and insurance
- Forestry, fishing, and agricultural services
- Healthcare and social services
- Hospitality and food
- Information and communication
- Management of companies and enterprises
- Other services
- Professional services
- Real estate
- Retail trade
- Wholesale trade
This research is part of In-Stat’s Wireline Voice Spending Forecasts & Segmentation service, provides forecasts of US business spending on wireline voice services with detailed segmentation by product category, size of business and vertical market.
In-Stat’s market intelligence combines technical, market and end-user research and database models to analyze the Mobile Internet and Digital Entertainment ecosystems. Our insights are derived from a deep understanding of technology impacts, nearly 30 years of history in research and consulting, and direct relationships with leading players in each of our core markets. In-Stat provides its research through reports, annual subscriptions, consulting and advisory services to inform critical decisions. Technology vendors, equipment manufacturers, service providers and media companies worldwide rely on In-Stat to support critical business, product and technology decisions.
About The NPD Group, Inc.
The NPD Group is the leading provider of reliable and comprehensive consumer and retail information for a wide range of industries. Today, more than 1,800 manufacturers, retailers, and service companies rely on NPD to help them drive critical business decisions at the global, national, and local market levels. NPD helps our clients to identify new business opportunities and guide product development, marketing, sales, merchandising, and other functions. Information is available for the following industry sectors: automotive, beauty, commercial technology, consumer technology, entertainment, fashion, food and beverage, foodservice, home, office supplies, software, sports, toys, and wireless. For more information, contact us or visit http://www.npd.com and http://www.npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter at @npdtech and @npdgroup.
Greg Potter, Data Analyst
Email: gpotter(at)in-stat(dot)com; Phone: (480) 483-4444
Rick Vogelei, Marketing Manager
Email: rvogelei(at)in-stat(dot)com; Phone: (480) 483-4476