To go from having announced our doors were closing in June 2009 to sending over $185 million of aid in the past two years is nothing short of miraculous.
Spring Lake, Mich. (PRWEB) July 21, 2011
Earlier today, International Aid, Inc. announced that the ministry had shipped over $116 million of health products and medical equipment over the past 12 months.
This amount of aid is a record high for the 30-year-old Christian relief organization, and represents a 123 percent increase from the average amount of aid shipped by International Aid over the previous seven years.
“We are amazed by what God has accomplished at our ministry,” International Aid CEO Brian Anderson said. “Our desire is to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ by meeting the physical needs of the suffering, and God really opened doors to have that done this past year.”
Today’s announcement comes two years after news broke that International Aid would be ceasing operations in July 2009 following a period of economic strife.
However, the ministry, which was founded in 1980, instead underwent a season of transition, reducing its staff and narrowing its focus to supplying health products and reconditioned medical equipment to partners serving in areas of greatest need.
“To go from having announced our doors were closing in June 2009 to sending over $185 million of aid in the past two years is nothing short of miraculous,” Anderson said. “It is truly humbling to be a part of a ministry where God’s blessing and faithfulness is so evident and tangible.”
The $116 million of aid was distributed to over 300 Christian missions and humanitarian organizations working with the poor in over 65 countries. Some of the projects International Aid worked on during this fiscal year (July 2010-June 2010) included:
- Sending 8,064 Thanksgiving dinners to poor Native American communities living on reservations in Arizona.
- Responding to the devastating cholera outbreak in Haiti by supplying our partners with life-saving rehydration supplies.
- Shipping over 20 portable labs to partners working in remote areas.
- Outfitting entire clinics in Uganda that were used to help fight malaria outbreaks.
- Distributing children’s vitamins to Liberian schools.
- Equipping Israeli emergency medical technicians to better respond to emergency situations
- Responding to multiple natural disasters, including the earthquake and tsunami in Japan; the deadly storm systems in Alabama; and the devastating tornado in Joplin, Mo.
For more information, please contact:
International Aid, Inc. is a nonprofit Christian relief organization that seeks to tangibly demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ through the distribution of life-saving medicines, hygiene products, nutritional supplements and medical equipment to partners serving the poor in areas of greatest need. For over 30 years, International Aid has been equipping missions and humanitarian organizations with the tools they need to bring healing and restoration to those who are suffering.