Houston, TX (PRWEB) July 20, 2011
EminentWare, a leading provider of add-on solutions for System Center Configuration Manager and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), today announced patch management support for Adobe Air. With EminentWare, companies can use Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or Microsoft’s Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) to easily deploy and manage Adobe Air patches on servers and desktops across an IT enterprise from a central point of control. Adobe Air patches are provided as a part of the EminentWare 3rd Party Updates Pack which automatically provides customers with patches for many common 3rd party applications. Patches can be deployed using System Center Configuration Manager or WSUS. For more detailed information about the versions of Adobe patches provided by EminentWare, please visit: https://www.eminentware.com/cs2008/media/p/719.aspx.
To reduce performance or technical issues, many IT managers wish to turn off the “auto update” functionality in Adobe Air and instead perform manual updates. EminentWare delivers Adobe Air patches with the “auto update” functionality turned off. In addition, IT managers can use EminentWare’s PackageBoot™ technology to turn Adobe Air auto-updates “off” or “on” during the patch deployment process – no complicated scripting required.
EminentWare’s Extension Packs extend the power of Microsoft’s WSUS or Microsoft’s SCCM to provide added patch management control, configuration management functionality, and easy-to-use management and compliance reporting. Key benefits provided by EminentWare’s Extension Packs include:
Advanced Patch Management and 3rd Party Patch Management
- Extend WSUS and SCCM to enable easy 3rd party patch management along with Microsoft patches on desktops and servers enterprise-wide
- Real-time views and reporting, enabling IT managers to quickly determine which patches need to be installed where. Also dynamically control which patches get deployed where and when.
- EminentWare’s 3rd party Updates Add-on Pack automatically provides pre-built and tested patches for popular 3rd party applications including Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, Mozilla Firefox, iTunes, Adobe Acrobat Standard and Professional Editions, and more. Patches can be quickly and easily deployed to desktops or servers enterprise-wide – requiring no scripting and saving many hours on patch management.
“Extend WSUS and SCCM to Deploy and Manage Adobe Air”
- Receive automatic notification when new patches are announced by vendors along with critical levels or security metrics – via email and “Outlook style” pop-up alerts.
- Use EminentWare’s PackageBoot™ Technology to create advanced deployment scenarios such as start/stop services, bundle multiple files in one package, or to run uninstalls and custom scripts
- Perform on-demand enterprise actions such as enterprise discovery, software and hardware inventory, immediate reboots, and software update scans and deployments
- Generate enterprise-wide reports and real-time views about patches, desktop configurations, server configurations, desktop & server health and more
- Diagnose and repair WMI Agents, Windows Update Agents, SCCM Agents, and WSUS Agents enterprise-wide
- Manage server and desktop configurations, without interfering with end-users
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Air patches are now available with the EminentWare 3rd Party Updates Pack. The EminentWare 3rd Party Updates Pack requires either the EminentWare System Center Configuration Manager Extension Pack or the EminentWare WSUS Extension Pack. For pricing information, visit http://info.eminentware.com/PriceQuote.html. A fully-functional 30 day trial of the EminentWare Extension Packs can be downloaded by visiting http://www.eminentware.com. Also, live demonstrations of EminentWare’s patch management and configuration management solutions for both WSUS and SCCM are offered weekly, visit http://www.eminentware.com to register.
About EminentWare LLC
EminentWare LLC provides highly scalable, cost-effective and powerful enterprise update and configuration management solutions. EminentWare enhances and extends the power of Microsoft management tools such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. EminentWare’s solutions reduce management time and expense by providing 3rd party updates, advanced update management control, on-demand enterprise actions such as reboots, enterprise discovery, software and hardware Inventory, software update scans and deployments, extensive reporting, policy evaluations, WMI and Windows Update Agent Repair, enhanced IT management data collection and health views and Configuration Manager and WSUS Agent diagnostics and re-install capabilities. For more information, please visit: http://www.eminentware.com .
©2011 EminentWare LLC. EminentWare is a trademark of EminentWare LLC. All other product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.