Gong Show Live brings the same format, fun and lunacy of the beloved '70s TV show to an interactive theatrical show, and there’s truly nothing like it.
(PRWEB) July 22, 2011
The hilarious stage show Gong Show Live returns to B.B. King’s in Times Square by popular demand for one show at 8 pm on Saturday, August 27, 2011.
Gong Show Live, the only Sony-authorized stage presentation of the iconic ‘70s TV show, The Gong Show, showcases a modern-day cast of offbeat, professional talent acts known from such hit TV shows as America’s Got Talent, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, So You Think You Can Dance and more. This will be the third time that Gong Show Live has been presented at B.B. King’s since its August 2010 premiere.
Producer Leslie Gold, whose Radiochick Corporation holds the rights to stage Gong Show Live events in the US, said, “The original Gong Show’s variety, humor and surprise elements made it not just memorable, but set precedents. There’d be no America’s Got Talent, Jersey Shore, Big Brother or other current reality/talent TV shows without The Gong Show. Gong Show Live brings the same format, fun and lunacy of the beloved TV show to an interactive theatrical show, and there’s truly nothing like it.”
Gong Show Live also features comedian Ray Ellin as host/emcee; three judges (Chuck Nice, Leslie Gold “The Radiochick” and Q104’s Ken Dashow) known from their work in standup comedy, TV and radio; casting by Robert Russell, renowned for the New York casting of hit reality TV shows including The Bachelor, The Apprentice, Big Brother, The Restaurant, Moment of Truth, and NBC's Phenomenon; and the four-piece Gong Show Ten Orchestra, led by veteran drummer Sandy Gennaro (Cyndi Lauper, Bo Diddley, Joan Jett).
A sampling of acts that will be featured in Gong Show Live on August 27 at B.B. King’s:
- Cultured Kramden – Ralph Kramden has been reincarnated as an erudite scholar
- Rhonda Smith Duffy Coris – Old Hollywood meets new drinking problem by performer seen on The Daily Show, 30 Rock and Conan
- Big Balls Josh – Plays a mini-xylophone while bouncing shaker balls in an amazing display of coordination, rhythm and musicianship
- The Alien Surfer Girls – Mars Attacks! meets the Go-Gos in this delightfully deranged singing group
- Princess Lockeroo – International whacking champion seen on So You Think You Can Dance. Sexy! Talented! Dangerous!
- Not Britney Spears – Kooky folk medley of Britney’s songs as you’ve never heard them
- Chipps Cooney - Comedian/illusionist who amazes no one but made it to top 30 of America’s Got Talent
- Zac Mordechai – Straight from Yeshiva with a repertoire of decidedly non-Kosher songs
- Eva from Iowa – Could be world’s first rapper/sax player
Tickets for Gong Show Live on August 27 at B.B. King’s $20 in advance, $25 day of show and $30 for reserved VIP seating, and are available at http://www.bbkingblues.com/bio.php?id=688 or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000. Tickets are also available at the box office from 11am to 12mid daily (with $2 service charge).
B.B. King’s Blues Club & Grill is located at 237 W. 42nd St. in the heart of Times Square, NYC. For more information, visit http://www.bbkingblues.com.