“Options trading is an acquired skill; the more you see and learn the better you become at knowing when to apply the right strategy at the right time to succeed,” said Overby.
Fort Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) July 26, 2011
Online broker TradeKing announced today its senior options analyst, Brian Overby, will co-host a live, full-day webinar on Thursday, July 28th, during which he will not only tell investors how options trading works but show them throughout a live trading day.
Sponsored by TradeKing and the Chicago Board of Options Exchange (CBOE), the webinar will feature Overby and Jim Bittman, instructor at the Options Institute, tackling a variety of options trading topics and strategies, all in the context of live trading with real-time market conditions. Potential option strategies will be introduced using top stock picks from Steve Nison of Candlecharts.com based on his candlestick charting approach.
“Options trading is an acquired skill; the more you see and learn the better you become at knowing when to apply the right strategy at the right time to succeed,” said Overby. “The idea with this live event is to show investors the decision-making process an options trader goes through when trading directional and non-directional strategies. Jim and I will tee up an example spread trade suitable to that day’s market conditions and follow it in real-time, together with our webinar guests, to see how it develops, what adjustments are called for, and all the nuances of trading spreads in an ever-evolving and changing marketplace. I can’t think of a more informative, effective and fun way to learn about options.”
Among the many topics Overby and Bittman will address are:
- Executing spreads and outright buys
- Butterfly spreads, adjustment techniques, and break-evens
- Trading options with candlestick charts
Conducted from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM CT on July 28th, the virtual event costs $99, and investors can register through the CBOE website or by calling the Options Institute at 312-786-7760. For further information, visit http://www.cboe.com or contact the Options Institute at CBOE at 877-843-2263 (dial option 2). The event will also be archived up to 45 days for all registered attendees.
TradeKing is a nationally licensed online stock and options broker offering simple, low cost online trading fees ($4.95 per trade plus $.65 per option contract, $8.95 per trade plus $.15 per options contract for nine or more contracts) with no hidden costs or account minimums.1 A pioneer in integrating new financial social media as part of its innovative online equities, options trading and fixed-income trading platform, TradeKing has received multiple discount broker awards from top industry sources and was rated best in customer service by SmartMoney2 Magazine, ahead of OptionsXpress, Scottrade, Fidelity, and TD Ameritrade. (June 2011 SmartMoney Broker Survey).
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. For more information, please review the Characteristics and Risks of Standard Options brochure before you begin trading options. Options investors may lose the entire amount of their investment in a relatively short period of time.
TradeKing provides self-directed investors with discount brokerage services, and does not make recommendations or offer investment, financial, legal or tax advice. The content of this press release is provided for educational and informational purposes only, does not constitute a recommendation to enter in any of the securities transactions or to engage in any of the investment strategies presented herein, and does not represent the opinions of TradeKing or its employees.
Online trading has inherent risks due to system response and access times that vary due to market conditions, system performance and other factors. An investor should understand these and additional risks before trading.
Multiple leg options strategies involve additional risks and multiple commissions , and may result in complex tax treatments. Please consult a tax professional prior to implementing these strategies.
(1) $4.95 for equity and option trades, add 65 cents per option contract. Trade more than 8 contracts, and we'll automatically lower your cost to $8.95 per trade plus 15 cents per contract. TradeKing charges an additional $0.35 per contract on certain index products where the exchange charges fees. TradeKing adds $0.01 per share on the entire order for stocks priced less than $1.00. See our Commissions + Fees page at http://www.tradeking.com/fees for details on commissions on low-priced stocks, option spreads, and other securities.
(2) TradeKing was ranked #1 in Customer Service in the SmartMoney June 2011 Broker Survey based on the following categories: Commissions and Fees, Mutual Funds & Investment Products, Banking Services, Trading Tools, Research, and Customer Service. SmartMoney is a registered trademark of SmartMoney, a joint publishing venture between Dow Jones & Company, Inc. and Hearst Partnership. Supporting documentation for any claims, comparison, statistics, or other technical data, will be supplied upon request by calling 877-495-5464 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.