Tupper Lake, NY (PRWEB) July 26, 2011
The Adirondack resort community of Tupper Lake will host “Amusements of America,” one of the nation’s premier carnival operators July 27th through the 31st at the Municipal Park in the Village of Tupper Lake.
The 2nd Annual Tupper Lake Lions Carnival and Adirondack Fair will run for five days, providing nightly entertainment at the Rotary Pavilion. Attractions include a beer garden, float-plane rides and a series of nightly attractions and vendors. The Carnival and Fair stop for this special Tupper Lake event while traveling from the Saratoga County Fair to the Franklin County Fair.
Tupper Lake is a favorite stop for the 70 year-old carnival, regarded by the Guinness Book of Records as the largest traveling amusement park in the nation.
Tupper Lake Lions Carnival and Adirondack Fair events include:
- Wednesday, July 27th is ‘Welcome to the Adirondacks’ night with the official opening of the carnival rides, games and food vendors. The opening night concert will feature “Abbott Hayes,” starting at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, July 28th is ‘Health and Wellness Day’ with vendors from several health care suppliers and local hospitals offering free services to the general public. Thursday night will feature the opening of the P-2’s Irish Pub beer garden and music by popular local country folk band, “Tres Amigos,” starting at 8 p.m.
- Friday, July 29th is ‘Back to Nature Day’ featuring float plane rides from 2 p.m. until dusk, plenty of food and games at the midway, and another evening of musical entertainment from rock band “Bittersweet” from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, July 30th is ‘Community Day’ at the Adirondack Fair with the Tupper Lake Lions Club presenting the 2nd annual pie eating contest at 1 p.m., a dunking booth for local officials, and plenty of fun for the whole family. Entertainment will start at 5 p.m. with “Lost in Transition” followed by one of the area’s most popular rock bands, “Slingshot” at the Rotary Pavilion starting at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, July 31st, will wrap up the event with Amusements of America offering rides and games throughout the day.
The five-day Adirondack Fair and carnival is sponsored by the Tupper Lake Lions Club, The Tupper Lake Chamber of Commerce, Rock105, P-2’s Irish Pub, Helm’s Aero Services, Amusements of America, Family Champions, and the Village and Town of Tupper Lake.
About Tupper Lake:
Located just 30 minutes from neighboring Adirondack communities Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Long Lake, and Blue Mountain Lake, Tupper Lake offers family oriented entertainment and events year-round, including fishing, boating, kayaking, hiking, and golf in the summer and skiing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, and ice fishing in the winter.
For more information on Tupper Lake’s events, arts, music, entertainment, the Wild Center Natural History Museum and more, log on to http://www.tupper-lake.com to find out why we “Live, Work, Play” in Tupper Lake.