Portland, OR (PRWEB) July 28, 2011
Lucid Meetings was launched today to solve the problem of how to hold and manage effective project meetings. Unlike today’s online meeting solutions that focus on presentations, Lucid Meetings helps project and program managers by supporting meeting preparation, facilitating a collaborative in-meeting experience, centralizing a team's meeting records, and automating the distribution of meeting notes and action items.
While the service is useful for any group or team that holds recurring meetings, the company is initially focused on supporting project and program managers managing small to large cross-functional teams. Within a short time of using the service, project and program managers can receive the following tangible benefits:
- Meeting collaboration, teleconferencing, and screen sharing all in one; no need to juggle multiple tools
- Structure and focus meetings to keep them on track
- Re-use templates and collaborate on agendas/notes to reduce admin overhead
- Capture and document decisions
- Keep records of who was involved in discussions
- Complete meeting records useful for audits, certifications (SEI CMMI, ISO, and others), finance and accounting (SOX compliance), and legal purposes.
- Track action items and due dates with automated reminders
- Professional templates and instant accountability
- Follow built-in best practices
- Respect team members time by leading efficient, effective meetings
Abraham Harrison, a leading social media public relations firm, uses the service to manage critical executive meetings with employees scattered around the globe. Mark Harrison, CEO of Abraham Harrison, said “Lucid Meetings helps organize a virtual company’s meetings well.”
The simple, easy to use, but powerful service is sold on a monthly subscription base with no commitment or risk. At $24.95 per month per room, plus audio fees, the service is affordable enough to hold one meeting or all of your organization’s meetings.
About Lucid Meetings (http://www.lucidmeetings.com)
The privately held company is a based in Portland, OR, and was founded by four partners, all with extensive, successful start-up experience. The company has as its philosophy the idea that meetings are important and necessary for organizations to move projects and activities forward. They are vital in ensuring progress. But in today’s increasingly virtual work environments, meetings are difficult and demanding and to few people have the skills to manage them. Hence the need for a new and different kind of online meeting service.