"This new release brings many exciting new features in response to the needs of our users and further strengthens Squish's leading position in the GUI Test Automation market. ” - Reginald Stadlbauer, CEO and co-founder of froglogic
Hamburg, Germany (PRWEB) July 27, 2011
Squish and all the tests created with it, are completely cross-platform, and work on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux.
Squish is being successfully used in QA departments across the world in hundreds of companies both large and small, including, for example, ARM, American Power Conversion, EADS, Ericsson, France Telecom Group, General Electric, Reuters Financial Software, Siemens, Synopsys and Xilinx.
Squish 4.1 delivers several major new features including:
- Many improvements to the Squish IDE, with highlights including tools to tune image verifications, support for globally shared scripts, improved code formatting, using PyDev as the default Python editor, and the ability to add the Squish IDE to Eclipse as a plug-in.
Image verifications can be tuned to use different algorithms and tolerance levels for fuzzy comparisons.
- Improved packaging and simpler installation.
- Squish for iPhone's improvements include support for grabbing screenshots and for executing screenshot verifications as well as better scrolling and gesture support.
- Squish for Java's improvements include support for testing Cocoa SWT GUIs and better test script portability.
- Squish for Mac's improvements include support for testing 64-bit Cocoa GUIs.
- Squish for Qt's improvements include dedicated support for QML as well as Qt Quick and the ability to eavesdrop on Qt signals in test scripts.
- Squish for Web's improvements include support for testing on more browsers, such as Chrome and Opera, as well as Safari on iPhone.
- Squish for Windows' improvements include support for dynamically accessing .NET and COM properties and methods, and support for third-party controls such as Infragistics NetAdvantage and Exontrol.
A detailed list of changes since Squish 4.1 is available at http://doc.froglogic.com/squish/4.1/all/rel-410final.html
A video showing highlights of Squish 4.1 can be watched at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDzVCV-Ou4s
The Squish 4.1 release is now available to froglogic's customers and evaluators and can be found in the Download Area. If you are interested in Squish or would like to learn more about Squish, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://squish.froglogic.com.
A free and fully supported evaluation version of Squish is available at http://www.froglogic.com/evaluate.
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany. Their flagship product is Squish, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing and SWT/RCP, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, Windows MFC and .NET, iOS CocoaTouch and for HTML/Ajax-based web applications running in different web browsers. More about froglogic is at http://www.froglogic.com.