A reported 5 storms have led to a whopping 125,000 claims and losses reaching $537 million—more than half of these claims resulted from a series of tornadoes that tore through the state in May.
Gallipolis, Ohio (PRWEB) July 29, 2011
Insurance Plus Agencies, a locally owned and operated Ohio insurance agency, is constantly striving to better serve their neighboring community. With recent news of the ever-rising storm losses, suffered by the state, Insurance Plus Agencies has made it their mission to ensure residents are properly prepared for future storm risks.
In a recent report from FOX 8 Cleveland, it has been estimated that Ohio’s 2011 storm losses have already topped $500 million. A reported 5 storms have led to a whopping 125,000 claims and losses reaching $537 million—more than half of these claims resulted from a series of tornadoes that tore through the state in May. In the agency’s efforts to best serve the needs of their local residents, Insurance Plus Agencies has compiled a list of Disaster Preparedness Tips:
- Create a Safety Kit. Items should include—a least 1 gallon of water daily per person (3-7 day quantity), at least enough food to last 3-7 days (such as non perishable packaged or canned food and juices, snack foods, paper plates, utensils, etc.), as well as blankets and pillows.
- Stock up on additional clothing. Seasonal attire, rain gear and sturdy shoes should all make their way into a Disaster Preparedness Kit. It’s also important to keep a stock of toiletries and hygiene items.
- Replenish your First Aid Kit. Make sure to have all the proper medical supplies, bandages, antibacterial creams as well as any pain relievers, necessary medicines and prescription drugs.
- Communication is key. A battery operated radio or NOAA weather radio should be a staple in any Disaster Preparedness Kit; as well as a flashlight and extra batteries.
- Special items & important documents. Preparing ahead of time with extra cash is crucial in the event of severe damage or power outages; some banks and ATMs may be unavailable. Keep all important documents (such as insurance cards, medical records, bank account records, social security cards, etc.) in a waterproof container or watertight re-sealable plastic bag.
Keep in mind that these are just some of the most common storm preparedness tips, when preparing for a severe storm, Ohio residents are encouraged to consider their unique needs and the needs of their loved ones. Consistently updating and restocking your Disaster Preparedness Kit is the best way to ensure you have exactly what is needed. Furthermore, as preparations are made to protect your family, homeowners are encouraged to also evaluate the protection instilled upon their property. Remember that securing a comprehensive Ohio home insurance now can reduce the headaches and financial strain a storm may pose in the future.
About Insurance Plus Agencies:
Established in 1948, Insurance Plus Agencies of Gallipolis, OH has provided its neighbors with great insurance service. When you select an Ohio insurance policy, the brokerage’s agents are there for you every step of the way. For over 63 years, Insurance Plus Agencies has been dedicated to finding affordable, comprehensive lines of insurance that allow their customers to feel secure. With such strong roots in the insurance industry, there’s no wonder why Insurance Plus Agencies’ customers have been sticking with the agency. The team at Insurance Plus Agencies strives to provide coverages superior to those offered by other Ohio insurance companies. Better yet, Insurance Plus Agencies not only offers insurance services in Ohio, but are also a full service West Virginia insurance agency as well!