New York City, NY (PRWEB) August 01, 2011
Profitable since November 2010 on the strength of new products and partnerships, video content producer http://www.WatchMojo.com crossed 600,000,000 total all-time cumulative video views in July 2011.
According to a new Pew Report, 71% of online Americans use video-sharing sites such as YouTube, where WatchMojo’s channel boasts over 5,000 videos, generating 100,000,000 of its 250,000,000 in-stream video views since 2006. The company has also generated 350,000,000 in-banner views since developing its own video technology platform in November 2010 and launching a syndicated player, seamlessly offering content, technology and advertising solutions to third-party websites, media companies and other ad networks.
- Augments WatchMojo's reach and revenues, adding 350,000,000 video impressions in nine months and growing revenues by 400%, thrusting it into profitability.
- Offers greater reach to marketers who are shifting their budgets to online video: according to eMarketer, online video will grow 50% in 2011.
In March 2011 alone, WatchMojo’s syndicated player served over 100,000,000 video impressions in addition to 10,000,000 in-stream video views on YouTube, Hulu, Metacafe, DailyMotion, and redistributors such as Grab Networks and 5Min (which was acquired by AOL in 2010). In fact, WatchMojo is carried on the three leading portals: AOL, Yahoo! and MSN, the latest portal to sign up to access the producer’s breed of informational and entertaining content, including:
- profiles of companies, groups, sports franchises and organizations such as Apple, Depeche Mode, the New York Yankees and Greenpeace;
- biographies of people such as David Bowie, Mark Zuckerberg, Albert Einstein;
- exclusive interviews with prominent newsmakers such as Lady Gaga, Anthony Bourdain, Justin Bieber;
- top 10 lists across all of its categories such as top video games, music artists, movies;
- guides and overviews such as the Seven Wonders of the World, Reasons Behind World War I;
- how to's and demos such as fitness/exercise workouts, recipes, car tips.
Founded in 2006 by former AskMen/IGN executive Ashkan Karbasfrooshan, WatchMojo has navigated the online video landscape without ever raising outside financing.
Today, the company boasts a catalog of 7,000 premium, professionally-produced videos it has produced and owns the rights to. As marketers have rejected user-generated content and traditional media companies continue to shun the web, WatchMojo is finding more and more suitors for its content.
Over the past nine months, a bevy of ad networks and ad exchanges have partnered with WatchMojo as they seek to offer more premium video inventory to advertisers and increase revenues: indeed, WatchMojo has signed licensing and/or advertising deals with Adaptv, BrightRoll, SpotXchange and practically all others in the industry, occasionally licensing its technology along with its content.
“We don’t want to compete with the YouTube celebrities, nor do we want to ‘kill’ television, we just want to produce great videos on topics – the people, places and things – that people care about. If we give users the best video on the topic they are looking for, everything else falls in place," states Karbasfrooshan: "Content and distribution are equally important, but by focusing on creating the best collection of premium video content, WatchMojo has managed to delight audiences and advertisers alike":
According to Travis St. Denis, Director of Social Influence and Media & Digital Lead at MEC Global:
"We are very impressed with WatchMojo’s ability to execute complex video strategies. They are flexible and accommodating when it comes to last minute campaign changes and client requests. They consistently and effectively deliver positive results for our clients and continue to exceed our expectations."
Adds Hillary Townsend, Bluefly.com’s Marketing Manager:
“WatchMojo has been successful with both branding campaigns as well as more performance-oriented ones. WatchMojo has been extremely effective for us: our media on the WatchMojo.com Network received the highest CTR and ROI among all advertising partners, including major ad networks and established online publishers, and we were very happy with how quickly and effectively they distributed the videos we produced for our Closet Confessions initiative.“
“I love the site. I am hooked. The content at times is brilliant with just the right amount of education and pop culture. Perfect for the ADHD generation like myself!” boasts Ryan S. of Chicago.
Adam S. of Montreal adds: “I think WatchMojo is interesting because you produce quality, professional content on such a wide array of topics that can be consumed in short bits. It's incredible that basically no one else is doing what you guys are doing to the same extent--it's totally brilliant.”
In addition to its online reach, WatchMojo also:
- reaches tens of millions of consumers each month in malls, gas stations and other retail outlets, as well as in taxi cabs in the U.S., Spain and India;
- provides its content to mobile users, having generated over five million views on wireless devices;
- supplies countless academic publishers such as Pearson, Cengage, Nelson, Lungteng, Belin, Capstone with professional content in their ESL (English as Second Language) programs.
WatchMojo helps you become more successful by covering the people, places and things that inform and entertain you socially, personally and professionally.
Supplying the world's largest media properties, WatchMojo is a leading producer of professionally-produced, ad-friendly, premium videos covering Automotive, Business, Comedy, Education, Fashion, Film, Food, Health & Fitness, History, How To, Lifestyle, Music, Politics, Science, Space, Sports, Urban Living, Technology, Travel and Video Games.
The company’s catalog of 7,000 videos has racked up 600,000,000 video views since 2006.
Learn more on http://www.WatchMojo.com.
# # #