Seattle, WA (PRWEB) August 04, 2011
Heather Van Vorous, best-selling author and founder of Heather’s Tummy Care and HelpForIBS.com, will be at Marlene’s Market & Deli in Federal Way on Saturday, August 13, 2011 from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. to discuss Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Join Heather as she walks you through the best (and worst!) dietary guidelines and supplements for IBS. Learn what IBS is and is not, how to implement key strategies for symptom management, learn to recognize trigger foods versus safe foods, and find out exactly what helps – and hurts – people with IBS. Join Heather for a Q&A session, free Tummy Care samples, and delicious IBS safe treats!
Who: Heather Van Vorous – IBS Patient-Expert
When: Saturday, August 13, 2011, 2:00 pm
Where: Marlene’s Market & Deli
2565 S. Gateway Center Place
Federal Way, WA 98003
What: Free advice on what IBS is and how to control your daily symptoms
Who is Heather Van Vorous and what is Heather’s Tummy Care?
Heather Van Vorous has had IBS for over 30 years, beginning in childhood. She was undiagnosed for the first six years and had no choice but to try and learn how to control her IBS on her own. This took many years of first-hand experience and a great deal of research. She is now a health and special diet author with a particular interest in helping others with bowel disorders
“I can't honestly say that I'm grateful for having IBS, but I am truly thankful for all of the positive things that have (very unexpectedly!) come from it, and for all of the wonderful other folks with IBS whom I've now met along the way…For far too many years I thought I was the only person in the world with IBS - but now I know for a fact that I am not alone.” – Heather Van Vorous
After years of research, Van Vorous went on to found HelpForIBS.com and the company Heather’s Tummy Care. Her mission is to offer education, support and products that allow people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome to successfully manage their symptoms through simple, safe and effective lifestyle changes. Heather’s groundbreaking work in the IBS dietary field has led to her inclusion in Marquis Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare, has been licensed by Novartis pharmaceuticals, and has been publicized worldwide by physicians, IBS organizations, and patients.
HelpForIBS.com is the largest IBS community on the internet, with over 5 million visits per year and a membership of over 150,000 subscribers. It provides the internet's most helpful IBS resources, including a twice-monthly IBS Newsletter and dietary cheat sheets. The only patient-expert moderated Irritable Bowel Syndrome Message Boards on the internet are found at HelpForIBS.com, as well as support and coordination for the formation and continuation of local in-person IBS support groups across the USA and globally.
Heather's Tummy Care offers the only full line of organic medical foods for the dietary management of IBS symptoms. The Tummy Care line is gluten-free as well as kosher certified whenever possible. Heather’s Tummy Care products are available online and across the US and Canada in stores and medical practices.
The Tummy Care line includes:
- Heather's Tummy Fiber ~ Organic acacia senegal, the unique prebiotic soluble fiber that helps BOTH diarrhea and constipation.
- Heather's Tummy Tamers Peppermint Oil Capsules ~ Clinically proven to help prevent IBS pain, gas and cramps. With fennel and ginger oils, plus extra enteric coating to reduce the risk of heartburn.
- Heather's Tummy Tea Fennel ~ Medicinal strength, organic, high volatile oil fennel for immediate help with IBS bloating and gas. Whole fennel seeds in jumbo teabags and loose tea.
- Heather's Tummy Tea Peppermint ~ Medicinal strength, organic, high volatile oil peppermint for immediate relief of IBS pain, spasms, and cramps. Large leaf in jumbo teabags and loose tea.
- The best-selling IBS books available in North America, including the award-winning Eating for IBS and First Year: IBS.
- Heather Cooks! DVD Cooking Show ~ Television's only cooking show for good digestive health and delicious recipes.
- The IBS Audio Program ~ Gut-directed hypnotherapy that breaks the cycle of stress and anxiety related IBS, by internationally acclaimed hypnotherapist Michael Mahoney.
Heather’s Tummy Care products are available at Marlene’s Market & Deli in Federal Way and Tacoma, Washington or find a store near you at HelpForIBS.com.
Heather Van Vorous
CEO, Heather’s Tummy Care
Help (at) HelpForIBS(dot)com