By signing this MOU, the American Society of Appraisers is solidifying its international presence...
Reston, VA (PRWEB) August 25, 2011
On Monday, August 15, during the American Society of Appraisers’ (ASA) 2011 International Appraisers Conference, ASA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the China Appraisal Society (CAS). This MOU fosters a higher degree of mutual cooperation and understanding with regard to the worldwide professional practice of valuation.
By signing the MOU, ASA and CAS jointly agree to commit to furthering their working relationship in the following areas:
1. Agreement to foster best practices in valuation standards, assurance of Ethics, Code of Conduct, and professional integrity.
2. Networking between organizations to promote easier access to assignments and teaming relationships.
3. Links between the two organizations on their respective websites.
4. Invitation for senior professionals of the other organization will be extended for effective communications on hotspot issues.
5. Offering joint educational curriculums.
6. ASA and CAS will provide related suggestions on valuation research projects.
7. When publishing original publications on valuation in other party’s country, resident party will have first option to undertake translation.
8. Working together to enable better relationships between governmental bodies of the U.S. and China that have coordination responsibilities of appraisal services.
Jack Washbourn, ASA International President states, “By signing this MOU, the American Society of Appraisers is solidifying its international presence and strengthening its relationship with the Chinese Appraisal Society. As we enhance our working relationship there will be improvements to the international appraisal profession as a whole.”
The American Society of Appraisers is an international organization of appraisal professionals and others dedicated to the education, development and growth of the appraisal profession. ASA is the oldest and only major organization representing ALL disciplines of appraisal specialists, originating in 1936 and incorporating in 1952. ASA’s headquarters is in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area. To find an accredited appraiser near you, visit http://www.appraisers.org or call (800) 272-8258.