Gate Precast is proud to be recognized for these projects which highlight the versatility of precast concrete systems. Our skilled craftsmen are to be commended for their continued dedication to produce superior quality work.
Dean Gwin, President, COO
Jacksonville, FL (PRWEB) September 01, 2011
Gate Precast Company, one of the largest precast concrete suppliers in the U.S., has been recognized in the 49th Annual PCI Design Awards Competition for precast design and fabrication on a wide variety of structures.
Gate Precast earned Best in Class awards for its work on the following projects:
- Best Stadium: IU Memorial Stadium North End Zone in Bloomington, Ind. (Architect: Ratio Architects, Indianapolis, Ind.; Associate Architect: Moody-Nolan Inc., Indianapolis, Ind.
- Best Healthcare: Saint Joseph Regional Hospital in Mishawaka, Ind. (Architect: HOK, St. Louis, Mo.)
- Best Public/Institutional: The National World War II Museum Phase IV Expansion, New Orleans, La. (Architect: Voorsanger Mathes LLC, New Orleans, La.)
- Best Public/Institutional: City of Miami College of Policing/Miami-Dade School of Law Studies, Homeland Security, and Forensic Sciences, Miami, Fla. (Architect: AECOM, Coral Gables, Fla.)
Gate received Honorable Mention recognition on the following projects:
- CTA Beach Comfort Stations, Biloxi, Miss. (Architect: Eley Guild Hardy Architects, Biloxi, Miss.)
- LSU Basketball Practice Facility, Baton Rouge, La. (Architect: Holden Architects, Baton Rouge, La.; Associate Architect: RDG Planning & Design, Des Moines, Iowa)
- Duke University Research Drive Parking Garage, Durham, NC (Architect: Ratio Architects, Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Alfred I. DuPont Testamentary Trust Corporate Headquarters, Jacksonville, Fla. (Architects: GUND Partnership, Cambridge, Mass. and Gresham, Smith & Partners, Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Marcene H. & Robert E. Christoverson Humanities Building, Lakeland, Fla. (Architect: Robert A. M. Stern Architects, New York, N.Y.; Associate Architect: Wallis, Murphey, Boyington Architects, Lakeland, Fla.)
- The Water Wall at Signature Place, St. Petersburg, Fla. (Architect: Fluidity Design Consultants, Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Colts Indianapolis Stadium, Indianapolis, Ind. (Architect: HKS Inc., Dallas, Texas)
“Gate Precast is proud to be recognized for these projects which highlight the versatility of precast concrete systems. Our skilled craftsmen are to be commended for their continued dedication to produce superior quality work," said Dean Gwin, President, COO of Gate Precast Company.
"Gate is known for its involvement in highly intricate architectural and structural projects. We encourage architects, owners, engineers and contractors to visit any of our state-of-the-art facilities to view our current projects which exemplify the innovative ways the design community is capitalizing on the constructability of precast concrete and on Gate Precast’s experience and knowledge to meet design challenges,” Gwin added.
For a complete list of winners, along with detailed project information and photos, visit PCI.
ABOUT GATE PRECAST COMPANY
Gate Precast Company is a subsidiary of Gate Petroleum Company, headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. Gate owns and operates eight architectural and structural precast concrete manufacturing facilities located in Jacksonville and Kissimmee, Florida; Hillsboro and Pearland, Texas; Monroeville, Alabama; Winchester, Kentucky; Ashland City, Tennessee; and in Oxford, North Carolina. The company is recognized annually as a top subcontractor by Engineering News Record Magazine and provides design assistance in the early stages of design for its clients in school, government, health care, entertainment, commercial, parking garage and multi-family markets.