(PRWEB UK) 3 September 2011
A children’s charity is on the hunt for runners to join its team for this year’s Cardiff Half-Marathon.
Action for Children Wales, celebrating its 100th birthday this year, will be taking part in the event, which takes place on Sunday, October 16.
The charity is appealing to runners who have already secured a place in the half-marathon to represent it in the event.
All Action for Children runners will receive a fundraising pack and a running vest. They will also receive a goodie bag and 10 per cent off purchases from the Cardiff store of specialist running shop, Run and Become, which is supporting the charity.
Nina Rice, Action for Children Community Fundraiser, said: “We are looking for runners to join our Cardiff Half Marathon 2011 team and support Action for Children's 100th year helping vulnerable children, young people and their families in Wales.
Whether you're an experienced runner or taking part in your first half-marathon, we would be delighted to have you run for Action for Children and support you in this fantastic challenge.”
100 years on from opening its first service in Wales – a home at Newport Road in Cardiff to give young girls care, shelter and education – Action for Children Wales today runs over 130 services across 50 sites in Wales, supporting over 15,000 of the most vulnerable and neglected children, young people and their families in local communities.
The charity works with vulnerable and disadvantaged children, young people and their families affected by issues including poverty, neglect, abuse, disability, family problems and homelessness.
If you would like to sponsor the Cardiff Half-Marathon without taking part please send donations to Fundraising, Action for Children, St David's Court, 68a Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, CF11 9DN.
Action for Children is also looking for volunteers to take part in a series of events to celebrate its centenary – including organising their own cake sale, coffee morning or sponsored walk – and is challenging people to raise £100 each during the anniversary year.
For more details and for registration forms, please contact Action for Children on 02920 347060, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/events.
Notes to editors
- Action for Children supports and speaks out for the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people, for as long as it takes to make a difference in their lives.
- Action for Children works with the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people: whose families need support; are in care; who are disabled; who experience severe difficulties in their lives.
- Action for Children is a national charity delivering services that respond to the local needs of children, young people, their families and communities.
- Action for Children is committed to helping children and young people as early as possible, offering long term solutions.
- Action for Children campaigns to change the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable and neglected children and young people.
- Children are at the centre of everything Action for Children does. For more information on our work, please visit http://www.actionforchildren.org.uk.