After a successful private beta period, we’re excited to make it generally available and start helping businesses better protect their data.
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) September 06, 2011
Spanning, the makers of Spanning Backup for Google Apps, today announced the general availability of Spanning Backup for Google Apps v2.0. Launched in September 2010, Spanning Backup is already the highest-rated backup app in the Google Apps Marketplace. The latest release adds business-class backup for Gmail, on top of the existing backup capabilities for Google Apps such as documents, contacts and calendars. Spanning also announced that all customers will now receive unlimited storage space and a 99.9% uptime SLA (service level agreement).
Spanning Backup has already backed up more than 7 billion documents, calendar events, and contacts for Google Apps users. The latest release extends the proven capabilities of the cloud-to-cloud backup product to Gmail data, making Spanning the most reliable, comprehensive backup solution for businesses on Google Apps.
“Gmail backup has been, by far, the most requested capability from our existing customer base,” said Charlie Wood, Spanning Cloud Apps founder and CEO. “After a successful private beta period, we’re excited to make it generally available and start helping businesses better protect their data. Data is the lifeblood of any business, and we’ve built Spanning Backup with a clear understanding of how important it is to protect our customer’s data.”
As more businesses shift to cloud platforms for business computing, the associated business requirements such as secure and reliable backup have lagged behind the adoption rate of services like Google Apps. Spanning Backup meets and exceeds business needs for an easy-to-use cloud-to-cloud backup solution, and has been tested across thousands of customers.
Spanning Backup for Google Apps is certified by TRUSTe and compliant with the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks for privacy. Paired with a 99.9% uptime SLA and unlimited storage, it’s the most reliable choice for IT decision makers across the globe.
“We chose Spanning Backup for Google Apps because it provides incredibly thorough backup capabilities that scale to meet the needs of our nearly 2,000 employees,” said Hilary Croach, CIO of Bay Cove Human Services. “At Bay Cove Human Services, preserving and protecting our data is critical to our ability to serve our clients. With Spanning Backup, we can rest assured that we’re protected against data loss without having to make major investments in complex and bulky legacy solutions.”
Key Features of Spanning Backup for Google Apps v2.0 include:
- Backup for Google Apps email, documents, contacts, and calendars, and more
- Incremental backup – Spanning Backup transfers only data created or updated since the last backup, optimizing performance and storage requirements.
- Non-destructive backup – Instead of overwriting previously backed up data with newer backups, Spanning Backup retains historical versions of each backup, allowing users to choose which backup snapshot to restore.
- Cloud-to-cloud backup - With Spanning Backup, an organization's Google Apps data is protected using Amazon Web Services’ cloud infrastrcuture. Like Google, Amazon is a world-class cloud provider with SAS-70 and SSAE-16 certified data centers. Spanning Backup understands how to use Amazon services to provide the highest level of availability.
- Metadata backup and restore - Spanning Backup backs up and restores document directory structures, nested folders, sharing and permissions settings, contact photos, and more.
- Full admin control and privacy - Spanning Backup provides a user recovery impersonation function, so that an administrator can restore a document for an end user without ever being exposed to the contents of the document.
- Dead-simple file recovery and restore processes – Spanning Backup is so simple anyone can use it, but robust enough to meet the needs of corporate IT.
- Certified privacy and security –The Spanning Backup site, application, and Google Apps Marketplace listings are certified for privacy and security by TRUSTe, the leading online privacy solutions provider. In addition, Spanning Backup is certified under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks.
- 99.9% uptime SLA – Spanning offers a 99.9% uptime service level agreement, matching that offered by Google for Google Apps.
Spanning Backup for Google Apps is the best choice for businesses that need secure and reliable protection against the risk of data loss.
For more information, please visit spanningbackup.com.
Founded in 2010, Spanning helps companies manage and protect their information in the cloud. Spanning Backup, the company's flagship product, is the top-rated backup solution for Google Apps users and administrators. The company is backed by Foundry Group, and is based in Austin, Texas. For more information, please visit http://www.spanning.com.