We are thrilled to welcome Scott Silverman to Shop.org’s Board of Directors given his expertise in the retail industry and long history as a strategic contributor to the Shop.org community.
Menlo Park, Calif. (PRWEB) September 06, 2011
Ifeelgoods, the leading marketing and technology solution for digital goods incentives, today announced that Scott Silverman, co-founder and VP of marketing, has been elected to Shop.org’s Board of Directors. Shop.org, a division of the National Retail Federation (NRF), is the leading association of digital retailers with over 600 members, including the 10 largest U.S. retailers. Silverman previously served as Shop.org’s executive director from 2001 to 2010.
In his role as board member, Silverman will provide strategic and financial guidance, support the organization’s vision and overall operation and will help sustain Shop.org’s authority in the digital retail industry. All board members are elected by current Shop.org members and serve two-year terms.
“Online retailers are hungry for innovative ways to connect with customers and drive sales. Ifeelgoods has been working with the top online retailers and major brands to implement campaigns featuring digital goods incentives such as Facebook Credits to accomplish this,” said Silverman. “I'm honored to join the Shop.org Board of Directors and look forward to helping to grow the organization’s leadership in the digital retail industry as well as to provide expertise and insights about the growing impact of digital goods incentives.”
Silverman brings over a decade of experience to the Shop.org Board of Directors. Prior to co-founding Ifeelgoods, he served as the executive director of Shop.org from 2001 to 2010. During his tenure, Silverman launched Shop.org’s Annual Summit, the premier event for the digital retail industry and was part of the team that coined the term “Cyber Monday,” which has become the biggest event of the year for online retailers. In addition, he created Shop.org’s Ray M. Greenly Scholarship Fund to help students pursue careers in e-commerce, along with a fundraising business model that has led to the fund surpassing $1 million in four years. Currently, as VP of marketing for Ifeelgoods, Silverman serves the digital goods and social media marketing efforts for some of the world’s leading brands, including 1-800-Flowers.com, Gap, Gamefly.com, Ice.com, Meijer, Shopping.com, FTD and La Redoute.
“Shop.org’s Board of Directors has a tall task of looking ahead to what’s next on the digital retail horizon, and I can think of no better group to provide strategic insights than the executives elected to serve on this year’s Board,” said Matthew Shay, President and CEO of the National Retail Federation. “We are thrilled to welcome Scott Silverman to Shop.org’s Board of Directors given his expertise in the retail industry and long history as a strategic contributor to the Shop.org community.”
Newly-elected Shop.org Board members include:
- Scott Silverman, Co-Founder and Vice President, Marketing, Ifeelgoods, Inc.
- Miki Racine Berardelli, Chief Marketing Officer, Tory Burch
- Michael Crotty, Vice President, Marketing, Nordstrom
- Richard Last, JCP.com; current Shop.org Board of Directors chairman
- John Lazarchic, Vice President, Ecommerce, PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
- Daniel Schock, Retail Director, Google
- John Seebeck, Vice President, Ecommerce, Crate and Barrel
- Scot Wingo, CEO, ChannelAdvisor
- Bernardine Wu, CEO, FitForCommerce
Additional members of the Shop.org Board of Directors, who are serving the remainder of their two-year term, are:
- Anne Ashbey, Vice President, Marketing, Blackstone Audio, Inc.
- Bill Bass, President, Charming Direct Division, Charming Shoppes, Inc.
- Troy Brown, Retail Practice Leader, Demandware
- Peter Cobb, Co-founder, Senior Vice President, eBags
- Chuck Davis, CEO, Fandango; Executive Vice President, Comcast Interactive
- Patti Freeman Evans, Vice President, Research, Forrester Research
- Kevin Ertell, Chief Marketing Officer, OnlineShoes.com
- Misty Locke, President and Co-founder, Range Online Media, Inc.
- Paul Misener, Vice President, Global Public Policy, Amazon.com, Inc.
- John Rogers, Vice President and General Manager, Global E-commerce, Under Armour, Inc.
The new and returning Board members will meet for the first time as a group later this month at Shop.org’s Annual Summit in Boston.
Winner of the 2011 Web 2.0 Startup Showcase, Ifeelgoods leverages its patent-pending technology to make online retail promotions more effective and less expensive by using relevant digital goods and currencies, including Facebook Credits, in place of traditional promotions such as discounts, coupon codes or gifts with purchase. Current clients include 1-800-Flowers.com, Gap, Ice.com, Shoebuy.com, Shopping.com, Dallas Mavericks, Lifetime Brands, La Redoute, Gamefly, 1-800-PACK-RAT and The Golf Warehouse. Ifeelgoods is a hosted solution that manages retailer digital goods promotion offers, redemption and customer service. Ifeelgoods is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, and has locations in New York, London and Paris. For more information, visit http://corp.ifeelgoods.com.
# # #