These five new gourmet salts offer consumers access to the most distinctive salts already being used by chefs and gourmands across the U.S.
Norway, IA (PRWEB) September 06, 2011
It used to be that when it came to cooking salt, there were generally two choices – iodized and non-iodized. Today, home cooks are taking a cue from professional chefs as they search for more flavorful salt options. To meet that need, Frontier Natural Products Co-op, the market leader in organic spices and seasonings in the natural foods industry, is launching new Gourmet Salt Grinders.
The entirely new line of natural gourmet salts come from a variety of coastal and mountainous areas, resulting in distinctive flavors nuanced with traces of minerals and elements unique to those regions. “We’ve selected five of the most flavorful and colorful salts available today, and packaged them in elegant adjustable grinder bottles,” notes Brett Karminski, Senior Brand Manager for Frontier Natural Products Co-op. “These five new gourmet salts offer consumers access to the most distinctive salts already being used by chefs and gourmands across the U.S.,” he adds.
Frontier’s new Gourmet Salt Grinders include:
- Hawaiian Black Salt – earthy and smoky notes highlight Frontier’s black salt from Hawaii, which pairs well with salads, steamed vegetables, fish, and eggs.
- Hawaiian Red Salt – earthy and slightly sweet flavors are found in Frontier’s red salt from Hawaii, pairing well with grilled or roasted meats and pasta casseroles.
- Himalayan Pink Salt – prized for its purity and nuanced with trace elements from the Himalayan peaks, pink salt adds beautiful color and fuller flavor to any entrée.
- New Zealand Sea Salt – harvested from the clear waters of the southern Pacific Ocean, the flavor found in our New Zealand sea salt pairs especially well with pretzels, baked potatoes, and grilled vegetables.
- Alder Smoked Salt – robust and smoky flavors from alder wood highlight this sea salt, also from New Zealand, which pairs well with any grilled food, especially asparagus, pork, ribs, and burgers.
Frontier’s Gourmet Salts are packaged in recyclable glass bottles with an adjustable grinder cap, which keeps the salts fresh and allows users to select the grind they prefer. Pulling the cap up provides a coarser grind, while pushing the cap down creates a finer grind. The suggested retail price for each gourmet salt grinder ranges from $6.49 to $6.79. Frontier’s Gourmet Salt Grinders can be found in natural/organic retailers across the U.S. or online at http://www.frontiercoop.com.
Frontier Natural Products Co-op™
Founded in 1976 and based in Norway, Iowa, Frontier Natural Products Co-op™ offers a full line of natural and organic products under the Frontier, Simply Organic®, Aura Cacia® and Aura Cacia Organics® brands. Products include culinary herbs, spices and baking flavors; bulk herbs and spices; and natural and organic aromatherapy products. Frontier's goal is to provide consumers with the highest-quality organic and natural products while supporting and promoting social and environmental responsibility. For more information, visit Frontier's website at http://www.frontiercoop.com.