“Let’s be adult about it”, ICM Registry of the .XXX
Luxembourg, Luxembourg (PRWEB) September 07, 2011
EuroDNS is glad to announce that the Sunrise phase for the new .XXX extension was successfully opened and will be available until October 28th, 2011. Secure your .XXX Domain Name; register for the Sunrise at http://www.eurodns.com.
The progressive new home for adult entertainment online
The Internet is home to a wealth of content, suitable for a wide range of ages and values. The adult entertainment industry has, and always will, account for a large amount of this content and while it is enjoyed by some, it is not suitable, or of interest, to all internet users. Regardless of your views on adult content, it's here to stay, so let's be adult about it.
Increasingly, internet users are coming into contact with content that they do not wish to see and in turn, others finding it hard to locate exactly what they are looking for, due to a decrease in availability for precise and clear domain names.
The creation of .XXX will create a clearly signposted place where adult entertainment can be accessed and allow surfers to have a clear idea of the nature of the site before they click, rather than after.
.XXX isn't just a helpful distinction. It's the progressive new home for adult entertainment online.
As authorized registrar for the .XXX, EuroDNS is thrilled by the launch of this new and much talked about extension.
The .XXX registration timeline
The launch process will be done in specific phases based on the qualifications of both members and non-members of the Adult Sponsored Community.
September 7, 2011 marks the launch of the Sunrise period. This phase will run until October 28th, 2011 and is separated into Sunrise A (Opt-in) and Sunrise B (Opt-out).
- Sunrise A (Opt-in) is dedicated to members of the adult Sponsored Community with either verifiable trademark rights or owners of exact matching domains in other TLDs which is also known as “Grandfathering”.
- Sunrise B (Opt-out) - September 7, 2011 to October 28, 2011 - was created especially for non-adult Intellectual Property holders who are non-members of the adult Sponsored Community with verifiable trademark rights so they can block their domains in the .XXX space.
The Landrush period is scheduled from November 8, 2011 to November 25, 2011 while General Availability will kick of on December 6, 2011.
The Sponsored Community
The Sponsored Community consists of individuals, business, entities, and organizations that fit one of the following descriptions:
- Provide Online Adult Entertainment intended for consenting adults (“Providers”) (e.g. adult webmasters, performers, studios, store owners, club operators);
- Represent Providers (“Representatives”) (e.g. lawyers, agents, advisors, accountants, affiliates); or
- Provide products or services to Providers and Representatives (“Service Providers”) (e.g. adult domainers, manufacturers, delivery companies, caterers, distribution companies, merchant account services, make up artists, stylists, hosting services).
For more information on the related Sponsored Community Validation Process check out http://store.eurodns.com/top-level-domain/Generic/Xxx
.XXX registration fees
EuroDNS will charge its customers €74 annual registration fee (ex. VAT) for each .XXX domain name registered unless such domain name is allocated during the Sunrise B period (Opt-out), in which case EuroDNS will solely charge you with a €195 fee (ex. VAT) for a 10 years period.
In addition to the €74 annual registration fee, the following fees apply:
- “Adult Trademark” Sunrise A (Opt-in): €98 validation fee, on top of the annual fee (ex. VAT)
- “Adult Domain” Sunrise A (Grandfather): €55 validation fee, on top of the annual fee (ex. VAT)
- “Landrush” Period, open to anyone but with potential auction: €55 on top of the annual fee (ex. VAT)
No annual registration fee is added to the “Blocking” Sunrise B (Opt-out) which has a flat validation fee of €195 (ex. VAT) including a 10 years /blocking period.
For more details on the various period go to http://www.eurodns.com/top-level-domain/Generic/Xxx or
Secure your .XXX Domain Name
As of September 7, 2011 the Sunrise is open. Whether a trademark owner or a member of the adult Sponsored Community (Sunrise A), or on the contrary if you are not a member of the adult Sponsored Community but wish to protect your name from any future .XXX use (Sunrise B), now is the chance to register the corresponding .XXX domain name.
For more information on .XXX visit the .XXX TLD page on http://www.eurodns.com/top-level-domain/Generic/Xxx and http://www.eurodns.com/eurodns-news/article/secure-your-xxx-now
“Let’s be adult about it” and register your .XXX on http://eurodns.com now!
EuroDNS is a Domain name Registrar specialized in International Domain extensions. Based in Luxembourg with branch offices in Europe, the USA and Asia with AsiaDNS, EuroDNS serves a large variety of clients ranging from SMEs to some of the world’s largest Domain Investors and offers dedicated naming solutions to Trademark holders. By strongly participating in leading industry forums including ICANN and the International Trademark Association, EuroDNS seeks to promote e-Commerce and wider Internet adoption. http://www.eurodns.com
Marketing and Communication Manager
2, Rue Léon Laval
L-3372 Leudelange, Luxembourg