Investigations into mega corrupt and fraudulent deals.
Colombo, Sri Lanka (PRWEB) September 20, 2011
Sri Lanka’s leading public interest activist, Nihal Sri Ameresekere, presented his continuing series of books on combating corruption, fraud and economic crime, dealing with real case studies, to Dr. Timothy H.M. Tong, Commissioner, Independent Commission Against Corruption, Hong Kong. These are to be included in the prestigious Library of ICAC, which is regularly visited by international fraud and economic crime investigation organizations.
Jayantha Dhanapala, former Under Secretary-General, United Nations, President, Pugwash Conferences on Science & World Affairs (Nobel Peace Prize 1995), in Italy, United Kingdom, Switzerland, USA commends stating, “In a courageous effort to assert the democratic freedoms of civil society, Nihal Sri Ameresekere set out, as a private citizen, to initiate public interest litigation to protect the resources of the people from indiscriminate plunder. It is a dramatic and well-documented record of the true empowerment of civil society in the defence of the wealth of the people from illegal and opaque deals blessed by a democratically elected government in the name of development. The books deserve a wide reading public as an inspiring example of the power of civil society.”
1. “UN Convention Against Corruption – To Combat Fraud & Corruption – a Cancerous Menace, with mere Rhetoric, subverts UN Convention” – Author deals with the UN Convention Against Corruption and role played by IAACA, revealing how international agencies merely pontificate on combating fraud and corruption, but continue to fraternize with fraudulent and corrupt miscreants, and also includes exposés on corruption by the author.
2. “Colombo Hilton Hotel Construction - Fraud on Sri Lanka Government - Sri Lanka's First Derivative Action in Law” – SC Nos. 33 & 34/1992, Reported in Commonwealth (Commercial) Law Reports - 1992 CLR @ 636 – involves Mitsui & Co. Ltd., Taisei Corporation and Yozo Shibata Associates Architects of Japan, with KPMG Ford Rhodes Thornton & Co., as Auditors – Author reveals how a sophisticated fraud against a sovereign State was successfully combated by public interest litigation.
3. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Sri Lanka Insurance Privatisation, handled by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Ernst & Young - Annulled as Unlawful & Illegal by Supreme Court” – SC (FR) No. 158/2007 – Author reveals a complex fraud, and the absence of law enforcement, with compromising conduct of Chamber of Commerce and Chartered Accountants' Institute.
4. “Derivative / Hedging Deals by Citibank, USA, Standard Chartered Bank, UK, Deutsche Bank, Germany, with Sri Lanka Government's Petroleum Corporation - Dubious & Illegal ?” – SC (FR) Nos. 535 & 536/2008, 404 & 481/2009, LCIA No. 81215 – Author analytically explains these gambling deals, with sophisticated documentation, and the unequal treatment before the law, raising issues of contempt of court and judicial bias.
5. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Colombo Port Bunkering Privatisation - Annulled as Illegal & Fraudulent by Supreme Court” – SC (FR) No. 209/2007 – involving UN Global Compact Company – Author exposes how large corporates compromise political leaders, at whose behest the judiciary delivered judgments, shockingly exposing that two material pages of a dissenting judgment, critical of the President being cannibalized and suppressed.
6. “Transparency & Public Accountability - Fiscal Mismanagement & Lack of Public Accountability - Case Study - Sri Lanka, a Country under the Purview of IMF, World Bank, ADB” – SC (Ref.) No. 1/2004, SC (SD) Nos. 26/2004, 3/2008 – Author deals with constitutional mandates and social contract, vis-à-vis, management of resources of the people, upholding the rule of law, disclosing the roles played by Attorney General and judiciary.
7. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Pillage of the Plantations in Sri Lanka” – Author deals with dubious privatisations of plantations, benefiting the privileged, causing losses to the State, devoid of accountability and the rule of law.
Beatrice Edwards, Executive Director, Government Accountability Project, USA endorses stating, “In total, the series is a comprehensive chronicle about combating economic crime, fraud and corruption in the private and public sectors, as now addressed by the UN Convention Against Corruption. For readers who seek firsthand accounts of the ways in which international financial fraud takes place, these books are invaluable. Nihal Sri Ameresekere shows how it was that a few well-placed people appropriated the wealth of a country while claiming to strengthen its institutions and promote growth. Moreover, He shows that to date, few have been held to account and that this impunity is in itself a crime.”
Books are available from publishers, AuthorHouse US & UK: http://www.authorhouse.com, http://www.authorhouse.co.uk, and internationally from leading e-retailers - More information : http://www.consultants21.com/publications
SOURCE: Consultants 21 (Publications) Ltd.
For review copies or interview requests, contact AuthorHouse Marketing Services: 888-519-5121 (Tel), 812-961-3133 (Fax). For further details, contact Consultants 21 (Publications) Ltd.: +94-11-2686364 or +94-11-2696814 (Tel), +94-11-2697134 (Fax), c21publications(at)gmail(dot)com
AuthorHouse, an Author Solutions, Inc. self-publishing imprint, is a leading provider of book publishing, marketing, and bookselling services for authors around the globe and offers the industry’s only suite of Hollywood book-to-film services. Committed to providing the highest level of customer service, AuthorHouse assigns each author personal publishing and marketing consultants who provide guidance throughout the process. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, AuthorHouse will celebrate 15 years of service to authors in Sept. 2011.For more information or to publish a book visit authorhouse.com or call 1-888-519-5121. For the latest, follow @authorhouse on Twitter.