Corruption impoverishing the abject poor is a crime against humanity.
Colombo, Sri Lanka (PRWEB) September 27, 2011
Sri Lanka’s leading public interest activist, Nihal Sri Ameresekere, has recently penned a number of new books (published by AuthorHouse) in his continuing on combating corruption, fraud and economic crime, dealing with real case studies.
UN Convention Against Corruption came into force in December 2005. Today 154 countries have ratified this UN Convention. To promote and facilitate the implementation of the UN Convention, International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities (IAACA) was inaugurated in Beijing, China in October 2006. The UN Convention deals with combating corruption, fraud and economic crime, in public and private sectors.
At IAACA’s inauguration, Chinese President Hu Jintao, who was reported in China Daily thus stating, “We see the fight against corruption a top priority, a pressing task that has great influence on the overall development of the country, and which affects the fundamental interest of the people, equality, justice, social harmony and stability.”
Praba ‘Bobby’ Chandran, Certified Public Accountant, USA has given his endorsement stating, “Developed countries and western democracies have forged alliances with these tyrants and dictators for their own benefit with callous disregard for the harm caused to the ordinary citizens of these countries, to whom such wealth really belongs. This series of publications by Nihal Sri Ameresekere is a wealth of research material for persons in academics, government, research students, professionals and private sector alike.”
1. “UN Convention Against Corruption – To Combat Fraud & Corruption – a Cancerous Menace, with mere Rhetoric, subverts UN Convention” – Author deals with the UN Convention Against Corruption and role played by IAACA, revealing how international agencies merely pontificate on combating fraud and corruption, but continue to fraternize with fraudulent and corrupt miscreants, and also includes exposés on corruption by the author.
2. “Colombo Hilton Hotel Construction - Fraud on Sri Lanka Government - Sri Lanka's First Derivative Action in Law” – SC Nos. 33 & 34/1992, Reported in Commonwealth (Commercial) Law Reports - 1992 CLR @ 636 – involves Mitsui & Co. Ltd., Taisei Corporation and Yozo Shibata Associates Architects of Japan, with KPMG Ford Rhodes Thornton & Co., as Auditors – Author reveals how a sophisticated fraud against a sovereign State was successfully combated by public interest litigation.
3. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Sri Lanka Insurance Privatisation, handled by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Ernst & Young - Annulled as Unlawful & Illegal by Supreme Court” – SC (FR) No. 158/2007 – Author reveals a complex fraud, and the absence of law enforcement, with compromising conduct of Chamber of Commerce and Chartered Accountants' Institute.
4. “Derivative / Hedging Deals by Citibank, USA, Standard Chartered Bank, UK, Deutsche Bank, Germany, with Sri Lanka Government's Petroleum Corporation - Dubious & Illegal ?” – SC (FR) Nos. 535 & 536/2008, 404 & 481/2009, LCIA No. 81215 – Author analytically explains these gambling deals, with sophisticated documentation, and the unequal treatment before the law, raising issues of contempt of court and judicial bias.
5. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Colombo Port Bunkering Privatisation - Annulled as Illegal & Fraudulent by Supreme Court” – SC (FR) No. 209/2007 – involving UN Global Compact Company – Author exposes how large corporates compromise political leaders, at whose behest the judiciary delivered judgments, shockingly exposing that two material pages of a dissenting judgment, critical of the President being cannibalized and suppressed.
6. “Transparency & Public Accountability - Fiscal Mismanagement & Lack of Public Accountability - Case Study - Sri Lanka, a Country under the Purview of IMF, World Bank, ADB” – SC (Ref.) No. 1/2004, SC (SD) Nos. 26/2004, 3/2008 – Author deals with constitutional mandates and social contract, vis-à-vis, management of resources of the people, upholding the rule of law, disclosing the roles played by Attorney General and judiciary.
7. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Pillage of the Plantations in Sri Lanka” – Author deals with dubious privatisations of plantations, benefiting the privileged, causing losses to the State, devoid of accountability and the rule of law.
Dimitri Vlassis, Chief, Corruption & Economic Crime Division, United Nations Office on Drugs & Crime (UNODC) was reported in China Daily in Shanghai in 2011 stating, “Since its inception in Beijing in October 2006, the IAACA has worked to promote the effective implementation of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption, leading to closer international cooperation. Now, more than ever, it is necessary to join forces to face common challenges, to constantly adapt to the sophisticated nature of corruption and the inherent difficulty of finding the most appropriate ways to fight it.”
Books are available from publishers, AuthorHouse US & UK: http://www.authorhouse.com, http://www.authorhouse.co.uk, and internationally from leading e-retailers - More information : http://www.consultants21.com/publications
SOURCE: Consultants 21 (Publications) Ltd.
For review copies or interview requests, contact AuthorHouse Marketing Services: 888-519-5121 (Tel), 812-961-3133 (Fax). For further details, contact Consultants 21 (Publications) Ltd.: +94-11-2686364 or +94-11-2696814 (Tel), +94-11-2697134 (Fax), c21publications(at)gmail(dot)com
AuthorHouse, an Author Solutions, Inc. self-publishing imprint, is a leading provider of book publishing, marketing, and bookselling services for authors around the globe and offers the industry’s only suite of Hollywood book-to-film services. Committed to providing the highest level of customer service, AuthorHouse assigns each author personal publishing and marketing consultants who provide guidance throughout the process. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, AuthorHouse will celebrate 15 years of service to authors in Sept. 2011.For more information or to publish a book visit authorhouse.com or call 1-888-519-5121. For the latest, follow @authorhouse on Twitter.