"Simple is important. Our emphasis is on building services that simplify the process of knowing you're secure and proving you're compliant" - John Verry
Hamilton, NJ (PRWEB) September 08, 2011
Pivot Point Security has been working diligently on their own Security Event Management solution for its customers. Having spent the last 7 years tirelessly monitoring one of the largest carrier class networks in the world, they have learned a thing or two about security event management, incident response, and compliance reporting. Another few years running in other vendors Security Operations Centers gave enhanced insight into what works and what doesn’t work in a SOC.
“Simple is important. Our emphasis is on building services that simplify the process of knowing you're secure and proving you're compliant,” said John Verry, Security Sherpa for Pivot Point Security.
OSCAR automatically detects anomalous patterns in security logs, providing critical and actionable information to prevent or limit security incidents.
- Monitors firewalls, IDS, VPNs, Sys Logs, AD, & more
- Is vigilant 24x7 - so you don’t have to be (algorithms don’t take lunch breaks)
- Is self-tuning/learning - reducing your operational costs (gets smarter the longer he works)
- Offers superior performance and lower cost than a conventional SOC (cpu cycles cost less than human cycles)
- Sends email Alerts on anomalous log pattern detection
- Stores raw logs to facilitate log retention compliance
- Generates a suite of security and compliance reports to keep the auditors happy
- Provides a dashboard to simplify incident investigation
- Has Pivot Point Security’s crack Incident Response Team on speed dial!
OSCAR has been in private beta and is soon ready for public release. John Verry is attending MSP Alliance MSPWorld 2011, an event at the ITEXPO West 2011 communications technology conference and expo being held in Austin, Texas from September 13-15, 2011. Stop by the booth, #1604, at MSPWorld to watch a live demo of the Security Event Management solution, OSCAR. John will be performing demos throughout the day so visit the booth to have a conversation with John and to see OSCAR first hand.
On Tuesday, September 13, 2011, John will be a moderator for the presentations by Clark Crain from Nuspire Networks and Gilles Samoun from NTRglobal. The Managed Security Services in a Cloud World session will explore the tools necessary to be competitive, the various business models being used by MSPs, and the role cloud providers play in a managed security environment.
About Pivot Point Security:
Continually evolving technology, business requirements, regulations, and threats make "being secure" and "proving you're compliant" increasingly complex. The only logical response: Simplify. Pivot Point Security makes it easier to prove that you are secure and compliant. Pivot Point Security knows how important compliance is – and understands security event management. For more information visit http://www.pivotpointsecurity.com