Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 08, 2011
Tactics for preventing pressure ulcers and falls will be the topic of discussion among a panel of healthcare providers during the next webinar of the Partnership for Patients-National Priorities Partnership (NPP) Patient Safety Webinar Series.
What: Registration is now available for the Partnership for Patients-National Priorities Partnership Patient Safety Webinar Series’ sixth interactive webinar. “Best Practices for Preventing Pressure Ulcers and Falls in Healthcare Settings” will discuss implementing best practices to prevent pressure ulcers and falls and related patient-safety best practices that can be used across the healthcare continuum to provide a higher quality of care for all patients.
When: September 9 from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm ET, via interactive webinar
- Mary Tinetti, MD, director, Program on Aging, Yale University School of Medicine
- Dan Berlowitz, MD, MPH, director, Center for Health Quality Outcomes and Economic Research, Veterans Administration
- Ross Ehrmantraut, RN, CCRN, patient safety officer, Harborview Medical Center
- Ann Hendrich, RN, PhD, vice president of clinical excellence operations, Ascension Health
- Joyce Dubow, MUP, senior director, health care reform, AARP - an NPP Partner
Hosted by the National Priorities Partnership (NPP), a multi-stakeholder group convened by the National Quality Forum (NQF), the interactive session will be audio-streamed, free of charge. Space is limited, and advance registration is recommended to ensure real-time participation. All webinars will be recorded, archived, and made available on NQF’s website after each event. To register for the event, please visit http://eo2.commpartners.com/users/pfp/.
Additional upcoming webinar topics will include:
- Addressing Obstetrical Adverse Events—September 28 at 1 pm ET
o Speaker: Maureen Corry, MPH, Executive Director, Childbirth Connections
o Speaker: Kathleen Simpson, PhD, FAAN, Perinatal Clinical Nurse Specialist, St. John’s Mercy Medical Center
- Averting Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) and Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI)—October 5 at 1 pm ET
o Speaker: Bill Geerts, MD, FRCPC, FCCP, Chair, American College of Chest Physicians Guidelines on Prevention of VTE
o Speaker: Sanjay Saint, MD, MPH, Director, VA/University of Michigan Patient Safety Enhancement Program
Archived webinars include:
- “An Overview of the Partnership for Patients and Getting Started in Your Organization”
- “Reducing Admissions Through Care Transitions”
- “Preventing Adverse Drug Events”
- “Reducing Infections in the Intensive Care Unit”
- “Decreasing Surgical Site Infections”
The National Priorities Partnership, convened by the National Quality Forum, is a multi-stakeholder group including organizations representing the interests of consumers, purchasers, healthcare providers and professionals, state-based associations, community collaborative and regional alliances, government agencies, health plans, accreditation and certification bodies, and supplier and industry groups. To learn more, please visit: http://www.qualityforum.org/Setting_Priorities/NPP/National_Priorities_Partnership.aspx