“Society increasingly requires novel solutions to meet its most basic needs, and business plays an important role in enabling these solutions sustainably.”
Fort Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) September 09, 2011
The Green Initiatives Conference and Expo (Sept. 29 and Sept. 30 in Fort Lauderdale) will feature speakers from several major companies that have established themselves as sustainability leaders, including Dow Chemical Company, Coca-Cola, Hewlett-Packard, Wells Fargo, Motorola, ESPN, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, and Enterprise Holdings.
“These tremendous speakers will discuss the most pressing environmental issues that businesses are facing, and the innovative solutions that leading companies are using to be more transparent and reduce their environmental impact,” said Mitchie Mutyambizi, Marketing Manager at Fidelityoneconferences.com
In advance of the conference, several speakers provided insights into what sustainability means to them. Full podcast recordings can be found on the Green Initiatives Conference home page. Highlights include:
- Carol Williams, Group Senior Vice President & Executive Vice President, Manufacturing & Engineering, Dow Chemical: “Society increasingly requires novel solutions to meet its most basic needs, and business plays an important role in enabling these solutions sustainably.”
- Jim Weinbauer, Vice President and Director of Sustainable Development, AECOM: “Sustainability is a decision-making framework that allows us to manage the complex relationships between the world’s financial, natural, social and human capital.”ture
- Doug Sterbenz, Executive Vice President and COO, Westar Energy Inc: “At the conference, I will show you a fascinating example of how we have worked with nature itself to come up with a solution that has both the engineers and the environmentalists feeling pretty good.”
- Christopher P. Hartmann, Executive Vice President and CEO, Rexel Holdings USA: “I’ve watched sustainability grow from a buzz word to a business model. In fact today, like many other companies, sustainability is our business – not only from the perspective of how we run our own operations, but also from the perspective of the role we play in the supply chain.”
- Mike Enberg, e-stewards Enterprise Manager, Basel Action Network: “Those tools protect your brand, protect your assets, protect your people, your world. And the care and feeding of all that – is sustainability to us.”
- Gerard Arrotti, Senior Director of Safety & Sustainability, ESPN: “To us, it’s really about efficiency. This year, in 2011 and 2012, we really hope to hit our bottom line energy consumption – that is our direct and indirect emissions – very hard.”
- David Walker, Managing Director, Dyson Commercial: “Eco warriors undoubtedly have an important role to play in raising awareness. But far more effective than placard-waving is the role of engineering and technology. Lean engineering as opposed to over-engineering has always been good engineering.”
Visit us at Greeninitiativesconference for more information and to register for the 2011 Green Initiatives Conference and Expo. There is also be a webcast available at a reduced rate for those who cannot attend the conference.
About The Green Initiatives Conference and Expo
The Green Initiatives Conference is the perfect forum for Senior Executives to learn from each other and discuss the way forward with regards to the latest trends in Sustainability. Got to http://www.greeninitiativesconference.com to learn more.
# # #