London, UK (PRWEB) September 12, 2011
Visual Technology Services announces a ParaView PDF3D Plugin (http://www.pdf3d.com) that enables both technical and managerial staff to create and share graphically enriched, animated, state-of-the-art 3D PDF technical reports. The tool can be used for generating reports from large scientific data sources in various formats as supported by ParaView (http://www.paraview.org), the popular open-source parallel data visualization system.
The ParaView PDF3D Plugin is a component based on PDF3D® technology for exporting ParaView 3D scenes to 3D PDF files. Supporting export of spreadsheets, 2D charts, 3D scenes, it allows users to automate the creation of 3D technical reports through Python scripts for batch production. It enables creating elegant multi-page technical documents with time dependent data visualization that strengthen understanding of underlying data and its semantics, compatible with the free Adobe Reader®.
Features of ParaView PDF3D Plugin include:
- Seamless conversion with a simple file-save 3D PDF icon
- Conversion of 2D, Spreadsheet table data to PDF
- Creation of multi-page PDF reports by appending or merging various visualizations
- Animation Sequences of Transient Data or Moving Slices
- Highly compressed 3D Representation, using PRC-HCT or U3D encoding
- Animation Playback in PDF with Variable Speed VCR Toolbar
- Full Colormap Texture Representation, Colorbar Legend Annotation
- Automatic multiple view-point creation for PDF scene navigation
- 3D Axes Cube Annotation with floating 3D labels
The PDF3D ParaView plug-in is available for both 64 bit Windows and Linux operating systems, as a binary ParaView package or as a configurable development kit. The Plugin facilitates data sharing more effectively using the ubiquitous 3D PDF format. It creates highly compressed, interactive representations of ParaView visualizations, with optional AES256 strong encryption methods that enable secured data sharing through email to anyone with the free Adobe Reader®.
PDF3D® (http://www.pdf3d.com) is an innovative independent 3D technical publishing technology for 3D models viewable in PDF documents. Covering a wide range of applications from geology, aerospace, architecture, engineering and medicine, PDF3D makes it practical to distribute interactive 3D documents to everyone with the free Adobe Reader.
# # #