Abroad101’s commitment to collecting honest, thorough student reviews from over 200 university partners enables access to an unprecedented level of insider program information.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) September 13, 2011
Abroad101, the world’s first and largest study abroad review website, released its first annual study abroad program rankings today.
Based on comprehensive program evaluations from more than 10,000 students, the rankings showcase students’ top picks in everything ranging from top academics, to the safest and most budget-friendly cities. Highlights include:
- International Studies Abroad (ISA) led the rankings as the program with the top academics and best program administration.
- London reigns as the most popular study abroad destination, while Beijing and Cape Town also made the list as increasingly popular cities.
- Florence, Italy won student’s hearts (and stomachs) as the city with the best food.
- Emerson College’s program in a 14th century medieval castle in Well, Netherlands clenched the highest overall satisfaction rating as well as the safest city.
- The most budget-friendly city was awarded to “The Ocean” (aka SEA Semester’s floating 134-foot campus).
“Abroad101’s commitment to collecting honest, thorough student reviews from over 200 university partners enables access to an unprecedented level of insider program information,” says Mike Stone, President of Abroad101.
“We strive to match students with the best study abroad program for their needs, and we are excited to analyze trends in our data and add value to the program selection process.”
The rankings are launching at an exciting “10k Era” for Abroad101, which has evolved into a popular destination for students to find the perfect study abroad program.
In addition to achieving the milestone of collecting it’s 10,000th review, the website recently launched a “$10k China Giveaway,” which will grant three lucky students 10,000 dollars worth of scholarships to IEM’s China program in Shanghai, promoting the mission of President Obama and Hillary Clinton’s “100,000 Strong” initiative.
Abroad101’s 2011 Study Abroad Rankings can be viewed at: http://www.studyabroad101.com/study_abroad_rankings
Abroad101 is a review website and online marketplace for the $40B International Education industry. Founded in 2007 by Tufts, Harvard, and MIT graduates, Abroad101’s mission is to promote global citizenship by fostering the most meaningful study abroad experience for all students through technology innovation in higher education. Abroad101 empowers universities with its free market-leading online evaluation tool and provides an advertising and student recruitment platform to global program providers. Abroad101 is a 2010 winner of the MassChallenge global startup competition. To learn more, visit http://www.studyabroad101.com.
Contact: Mike Stone, President
+1 617 401 8848