Bloxham (PRWEB) September 16, 2011
BEP Information Management has launched a new service to assist organisations with the process of outsourcing their records management function. BEP offers a phased approach starting with a feasibility study to examine the practicalities and potential benefits, through to a fully managed Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) exercise.
The specialist outsourcing practice is led by BEP associate consultant Jane Proffitt who has managed outsourcing projects for British Telecom and Astra Zeneca. Jane has an MSc in Records Management and is the author of “A Guide to Outsourcing Records Management”, published by Routledge in September 2010*.
Jane commented, “This is a great opportunity to use my experience to help other organisations realise the benefits of outsourcing. From senior management involvement, communication with affected groups and vendor selection through to the successful handover of key processes - the BEP proposition provides an an end-to-end solution to successfully outsourcing records management.”
Six reasons to consider outsourcing records management:
1) To reduce and control operating costs: Outsourcer providers benefit from a lower cost structure - the result of economies of scale and specialisation. Outsourcing can help reduce a company's operating costs and increases its competitive advantage.
2) To improve company focus: Outsourcing areas that are not within its expertise allows a company to focus on its core business and on meeting its customers' needs.
3) To reduce risk: Regulations and technologies change extremely quickly, keeping up with these changes, especially those that require significant investment, is risky. Outsourcing providers make investments on behalf of many clients, not just one. Shared investment spreads risk, and significantly reduces the risk born by a single company.
4) To access specialist capabilities: Outsource providers’ investment in technology, methodologies, and people. They gain expertise by working with many clients facing similar challenges. This combination of specialisation and expertise gives their customers a competitive advantage and helps them avoid the cost of chasing technology and training.
5) To free up internal resources: Every organisation has limits on the internal resources available to it. Outsourcing enables an organisation to redirect its resources, most often people resources, from non-core activities toward activities which serve the customer.
6) Because the resources are not available internally: Many organisations do not have access to the required resources within their company - outsourcing is a viable alternative to building this capability in-house.
About BEP Systems:
BEP offers world-class advice and services for records management and information governance, including best-practices for retention and disposal, data protection, and information security.
The company’s services include:
Information governance – development of information and records management policies, procedures, business classification schemes, retention schedules (legal research), and implementation of retention policy within IT systems.
Business content analysis – A content analysis and diagnostics service that enables our customers to carry out audits of their information assets. Solutions include analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data, cleansing information, assessing data security, and preparation of content for migration.
For further information please contact Justin Belcher on +44 1295 722851 or email justinb(at)bepsystems(dot)co(dot)uk