eBuddy is a company with a worldwide presence and extensive experience, and reaching this milestone is further testament of our quest to dominate the global messaging market.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (PRWEB) September 21, 2011
eBuddy (http://www.ebuddy.com), the world’s leading independent messaging service, announced today it has surpassed a landmark milestone of 250 million user accounts. The globally popular eBuddy Messenger application is the first independent messaging app to exceed one-quarter billion user accounts, and its users currently spend more than ten billion minutes per month engaged in the eBuddy Messenger app.
“We are thrilled to see our business grow to such tremendous heights,” said Jan-Joost “JJ” Rueb, CEO and co-founder of eBuddy. “eBuddy is a company with a worldwide presence and extensive experience, and reaching this milestone is further testament of our quest to dominate the global messaging market.”
The landmark 250 million user accounts milestone continues eBuddy’s legacy of successful achievements and milestones in the messaging sector including:
- 163 million active accounts per year;
- More than ten billion minutes per month engaged in the eBuddy Messenger app;
- 300% Android growth year-on-year;
- 130 million mobile downloads;
- Facebook Chat growth of 144% year-on-year;
- More than two-thirds of eBuddy users connecting via mobile devices;
- Top 20 iPhone social networking app in 41 countries;
- Number one messaging app on Nokia Ovi Store;
- Nearly 100 million downloads on GetJar;
- Nearly three million Facebook fans;
- The successful 2011 global launch of eBuddy XMS, a free real-time messaging app for smartphones;
- Numerous awards including the 2009 Crunchies Award for Best International Startup, the 2009 Mashable Open Web Award for Best Mobile App, and the 2010 Mashable Open Web Award for Best Mobile User Experience
According to a recent Portio Research report (http://www.mobithinking.com/mobile-marketing-tools/latest-mobile-stats#mobilemessaging), there were 311.2 million mobile IM users in 2010, and that number is expected to grow to 1.6 trillion by 2015. Additionally, worldwide mobile IM revenue stood at USD $6.8 billion in 2010, representing year-on-year growth of 53%, and annual mobile IM revenue is forecast to cross USD $31 billion by the end of 2015.
“eBuddy is well positioned to take advantage of the ongoing upward growth trends in messaging. People want to stay in touch with their friends, family and colleagues, and the advent of touch screens and improved platforms continues to propel the growth of our messaging applications,” added Rueb. “Achieving the milestone of 250 million user accounts speaks not only to the ongoing worldwide popularity of instant messaging, but also to eBuddy’s continuous ability to grow and evolve as a company.”
eBuddy (http://www.ebuddy.com) is web and mobile messaging for everyone, everywhere! eBuddy processes over 17 billion messages per month and enables more than 33 million unique monthly visitors to chat in one interface across all major Instant Messaging (IM) networks including AIM, Facebook Chat, Google Talk, Hyves, ICQ, MySpace, Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger. eBuddy is one of the world’s fastest growing mobile IM applications and offers four, free mobile IM versions: eBuddy for iPhone and iPod Touch, eBuddy for Android, eBuddy Mobile Messenger (J2ME) and eBuddy Lite Messenger (mobile Web). The premium native application, eBuddy Pro for iPhone and iPod Touch with additional exclusive features, is on sale via iTunes. The company also recently launched eBuddy XMS, a free, next generation, real time messaging app for smartphones.
Founded in 2003 and based in Amsterdam, London, Singapore and San Francisco, eBuddy is a privately held company backed by Prime Ventures and Lowland Capital Partners. Learn more at http://www.ebuddy.com.