(PRWEB) September 16, 2011
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of AIS’s *Health Reform Week, Health Plan Week and Inside Health Insurance Exchanges, is pleased to announce its September 27 Webinar, Update for Agents and Brokers: New Reform-Driven Opportunities and Pitfalls. See webinar details at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1m35_092711.
As insurers begin complying with the medical loss ratio (MLR) regs that took effect this year, they’re also closely watching ongoing state efforts to set up insurance exchanges. Exchanges will change the way individuals and small employers purchase coverage and could possibly leave commission structures under the control of state regulators. For insurance agents and brokers, these new rules and programs could represent a tremendous opportunity to boost business or — worst case — the need to find a new career.
A panel of experts will outline the massive changes agents and brokers are facing as a result of health reform. During the 60-minute presentation and 30 minutes of Q&A, speakers Scott Leavitt from Scott Leavitt Insurance & Financial Services, Don Garlitz from FirstWest Benefit Solutions and John Prible from the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, Inc. will provide perspectives on key issues such as:
- What is the likelihood of changes being made to the medical loss ratio rules regarding commission payments?
- What role are states likely to create for brokers as they develop health insurance exchanges?
- What is the future for insurers’ commission payment structures … and what impact might they have on the individual and small-group markets?
- What types of insurance products are most affected by benefit design changes as a result of reform?
- How can brokers and agents best leverage their role as a customer educator in the midst of all of the reform-driven changes that are underway?
- What strategies should agents and brokers employ to protect their bottom line and job security in the days ahead?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1m35_092711 for more details and registration information.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
# # #